While Machu Picchu is one of the most photographed landmarks in the world the daily onslaught of tourists certainly cheapens the experience. Instead, we invite you on a journey far from the crowds. The northern region of Peru was once occupied by the same civilization that built Machu Picchu and offers a stunning, lesser known path for those who don't like to share their wonders of the world with others. Gaze up at massive waterfalls and trek to ancient sites. Follow in the footsteps of vibrant civilizations and conquerors. Indulge in some of the best cuisine in the world. Prepare to experience this incredible country in a way not many have. Vamos a Peru!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival in Lima...
• Transfer from the airport to your hotel
• Free evening in the vibrant capital of Peru!
• Today we will discover Piura, city founded by Spanish conquerors in 1532
• Enjoy one of the best cuisines (Peruvian cuisine is in the top ten best cuisines of the world). Our most representative dish is Ceviche!
• Stop in Chulucanas to admire works in gold, silver and ceramics
• Continue to Chiclayo
• Then travel to Túcume, an imposing site containing 26 pyramids of Lambayeque culture
• Afterwards, visit the Tumbas Reales Museum, the biggest and the most modern museum in South-America
A day of sensory overload...
• In the morning, we will go to Chachapoyas to marvel at the impressive Gocta waterfall
• Then, enjoy a stunning drive across one of the driest deserts on the planet, climbing the Andes and descending to the Marañón River through the Utcubamba canyon
• Afterwards, you will be dropped off at your hotel
• Tonight, you should take it easy and acclimatize to the altitude (2,335 m)
• Visit the most important Inka Fortress in northern Peru
• Continue to Kuélap and explore explore its many ceremonial constructions and aqueducts
• Mingle with the locals over lunch at a local restaurant
• Arrive in Leymebamba
• After breakfast, head down to a nearby museum and discover the 200 mummies of Laguna de los Cóndores
• Then, transfer from Chachapoyas to Cajamarca with box lunch in a private car
• Pass over the Marañón river and through the town of Celendín, getting finally to Cajamarca! This drive is spectacular!
• Today you will visit Cajamarca
• Enjoy a guided tour of the city and learn its importance in the history of Spanish conquest of South America and Peru
• Transfer to the city of Trujillo accompanied by an expert guide
• On the way to Trujillo, explore El Brujo archaeological complex
• The El Brujo pyramid rises 98 feet above the desert and covers an area of approximately 330 by 330 feet
• Visit beautiful colonial mansions in Trujillo and marvel at its imposing portals, balconies, and well preserved churches
• Continue to the ceremonial temple of the Dragon
• Visit the Huanchaco beach to observe local fishermen in their traditional “Caballitos de Totora”
• After lunch, admire the ancient city of Chan Chan, once the proud capital of the Chimú Kingdom
• Observe the amazing group of adobe frescoes on one of the walls of the Temple of the Moon
• See artifacts and tombs of the Mochica culture in the Huacas de Moche museum
• In the evening, head to the bus station in Trujillo and hop on a bus to Huaraz
• Upon your arrival in Lima, you will transfer to the airport for your international flight back home
We hope you've enjoyed your time in Peru Safe travels!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.