Visit the Qoyllority Sanctuary during the festival! This is one of the mostintriguing festivals in the Andes. While it is linked with the Catholic religion, its roots lie in the ancient Incan principal of uniting man and nature. The Qoyllority Sanctuary, "The snow star", welcomes thousands of visitors and believers every June, and we challenge you to discover this authentic event taking place is where the mountains meet the ¨heavens¨. During this trip, you will join in several hikes alongside other pilgrims, experience the festivities in the sanctuary, and learn about the activities of the pilgrims!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to the Capital of Peru!
• Upon arrival, a representative will welcome you and bring you to the hotel in a private transfer.
• Once you are checked-in, start discovering the district of Miraflores!
• Spend the evening at leisure, either relaxing after your trip...
• ... or perhaps discovering the beautiful districts of this Capital?
To higher grounds!
• After breakfast, take a private transfer with an to the airport and catch the flight to Cusco!
• Upon arrival, you will be brought to your hotel by a representative.
• Take some time to get used to the new altitude: coca tea will helps a lot!
• Explore the city in the afternoon, and be sure to try the amazing local cuisine!
A journey of spirituality
• Free day to explore gorgeous Cusco before starting you hike the next day.
• High Altitude Hike : it is strongly recommended to be a day in Cusco first getting acclimatized.
• You will hike over 4700 meters above the sea!
• However, the festival and sanctuary is definitely worth the effort...
Let the festivities begin!
• After breakfast, drive from Cusco to begin the hike to the beautiful Qoylloriti Sanctuary!
• This is a 3 h drive in gorgeous scenery: Enjoy a lunch break with other pilgrims in Mahuayani.
• Hike at very high altitude: it is strongly recommended to be a day in Cusco first getting acclimatized.
• The hike is a 3-5 hours, soft uphill hike, which passes the 14 stations of the cross.
• Spend the afternoon in the sanctuary learning about the activities of the pilgrims, and have a lovely dinner in great company!
• You will also have the opportunity to attend several masses in the sanctuary.
• Enjoy an afternoon of activities, and see the spectacular Andean firework show after dinner!
• Enjoy breakfast and the last of the celebrations, before getting ready for the Qoylloriti pilgrimage.
• Attend the Blessing Mass, then join the 24-hous procession together with other pilgrims!
• The procession walk through alvario Machucruz, the lagoons in Kumukasa and Alqamarina sectors, until reaching Yanacocha.
• The hike takes about 6 hours, with arrival around 6 pm.
• Here, you will either rest until 10 pm when the night walk to Tayancani begins, or until 4 am and start you hike at sunrise!
Here comes the sun...
• See the sunrise and join the Sun Greeting Ceremony, before descending to Tayancani.
• Attend the Blessing of the Sanctuary followed by mass, before starting a 2 h hike!
• This hike will go up the mountain pass, then descend to Ocongate where you will have lunch.
• Hop in the car in the afternoon for a 3 h drive to Cusco, and a relaxing night after days of hiking!
Where will you next adventure take place?
• Transfer to the airport in the morning for a flight back to Lima.
• Connect to your international flight, which we recommend to book in the afternoon/ evening!
• We hope you have enjoyed this spiritual trip, and wish you a safe trip!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.