Prepare for a voyage of cultural discovery of the mighty Inca Empire,Moche and Huari cultures! Soak in the sunshineon the Northern Coast and explore its many pre-Inca sites to better understand the history of this land. Wander down the charming lanes of Cusco, a former capital of the Incas, high in the Peruvian Andes. Journey through the Sacred valley, be stunned by Peruvian pyramids and surreal Machu Picchu. It doesn't all have to be a history lesson thought. Why notindulge in local specialities in Lima, like ceviche or a Pisco sour!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival in Lima...
• Transfer from the airport to your hotel in the iconic Miraflores district
• Get to sampling the many great restaurants, bars and shops!
• Don't miss an opportunity to try ceviche and possibly Lima's famous Pisco sour
Culture and history...
• Dive into the streets of Lima and explore its grand palaces, convents and cathedral
• Visit the Larco museum for a thorough overview of 5,000 years of Peruvian pre-Columbian history
• Enjoy great Peruvian cuisine at the museum restaurant
• Visit the site of the Pachacamac temple, of the Moche and Huari cultures
• Explore its two major pyramids built in honor of the sun and moon
• Discover the Temple of the Sun, made of an estimated 50 million clay bricks!
Home of the warriors...
• Visit the Huaca of the Moon - temples and tombs of sacrificed warriors
• Onto Huanchaco Beach, the most popular beach on the North Pacific Coast!
• Marvel at the “Caballitos de Totora” boats, used for fishing
The Lady of Cao...
• En route to Chiclayo, visit Huaca El Brujo - 'the Tattooed Lady'
• Discover Huaca Rajada - a Moche archaeological site in northern Peru in the Lambayeque Valley
• Explore the tomb of the Lord of Sipán - compared to that of King Tutankhamun of Egypt!
The tombs of Sicán...
• View fascinating displays of the tombs of Sicán nobility
• Tour the pre-Inca Túcume Pyramids, the largest pyramid complex in the world!
• Head to the Royal Tombs of Sipán Museum, designed to resemble the ancient Moche tombs
• After breakfast, transfer to Chiclayo airport for flight to Lima, then Cusco
• Take a day to adjust to the high altitude of 11,500 ft. Don't overdo it!
• Take in the sights, restaurants and bars
• Go for a stroll around the historic city center. It's truly beautiful
Capital of the Inca Empire...
• Today, you'll dive deeper into Cusco, one of the most captivating cities in Peru
• Visit the famous Cathedral with its stunning architecture and centuries old priceless art
• Walk through San Pedro market and sample local produce, meats and cheeses
On the way to Machu Picchu...
• Enjoy a scenic drive through the Sacred Valley
• Explore Pisac, designed to protect the southern gateway to the Sacred Valley
• Next up, Ollantaytambo - a fortress at the northern end of the valley and Inca’s last stronghold
Peru's immense biodiversity...
• Watch the landscape transition from Andean green fields to lush rain forest
• Explore the enigmatic sanctuary of the historical ruins of Machu Picchu
• Wander through the streets of charming Aguas Calientes with free time for lunch
A day of leisure...
• Get out there for some last minute shopping, try new cuisine or soak up Cusco's incredible energy
• Wander down the cobblestone lanes and appreciate the architecture
• Reflect on your journey and watch the bustling city from your hotel
• You will be picked up from your hotel and transfer to the airport in Cusco
• We hope you'll share your experiences with family and friends
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.