Enjoy the outstanding natural beauty of Southern Peru during two memorable hikes in the Colca Canyon and the Andes! Visit mountain villages and encounter breath-taking panoramas as your tour takes you further into the heart of the Andes. From archaeological sites of the pre-Inca and Incas to stunning famous and impressive historical architecture and ruins – this tour will not disappoint history lovers.
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Peru...
• Upon arrival at Lima Airport our personnel will
escort you to your hotel
• Enjoy the sights of the city - wonderful restaurants
• Sleep well for your 18-day adventure ahead
The White City...
• Flight to Arequipa, then check into hotel before
your guided tour
• Visit the Plaza de Armas and the Santa Catalina
• In the afternoon view the White City from
Yanahuara and Cayma
Your second day...
• Visit mountain villages Cosnirhua and Malata and
meet the locals
• Destination: oasis Sangalle, enjoy the pool and
relax under palm trees
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on us
Hiking boots on...
• Take a 3 hour hike to Cabanaconde for breakfast
• Bus to Chivay and stop at several viewpoints to
enjoy breath-taking vistas
• Afternoon bus trip to Puno, located on the bank
of Lake Titicaca
Island shaped by terraces...
• Travel back in time to inherited practises from the
• Discover the self-sufficient lifestyle of the
• A superb view of the lake and the Royal Bolivian
Pukara Archaeological Site...
• Cross the Colla plateau to Pukara - pre Inca
• Taste a typical lunch in Sicuani, before viewing
spectacular Inca sanctuary
• Continue on to Andahuaylillas, visiting the 'Sistine
Chapel' of South America
More archaeological sites...
• Start your tour visiting the Inca site of
Tambomachay in Cusco
• Then walk on to Puca Pucara, Kenko and
Saqsayhuaman - a stunning fortress
• Visit the Cathedral on the Plaza de Armas, then
Santo Domingo monastery.
A sacred day...
• Visit the main Inca sites, and the natural beauty of
the Sacred Valley
• Stop at the traditional artisanal market of Pisac to
see local displays
• Revisit history in the impressive ruins of
Ollantaytambo and surrounds
Machu Picchu, we've arrived...
• Discover this famous archaeological complex,
covered in morning mist
• Roam the alleys of the citadel - it's quarters,
squares, paths and observatories
• After an astounding day in Machu Picchu return
to Ollantaytambo for the night
Relax and unwind...
• Meet the wonderful local people and learn of
• An opportunity to buy souveniers, and explore
the streets of Cusco
• Relax and enjoy the comforts and ambience of
Reaching the sky...
• Be awe-inspired with mountain lakes, waterfalls
and snow-covered peaks
• Pass by Hatun Pucacocha at 4585m, on the
• Reach the highest point, then descend to
Ausangatecocha for the night
The highest point...
• In the morning begin your trek towards the Pass
of Palomani (5050m)
• Take panoramic photos of the spectacular view
and enjoy the tranquility
• Descend back to Ausangatecocha for the evening
The last pass...
• Your final destination is at 4986m - surrounded by
• Begin your descent passing the beautiful
• Reach Pacchanta and have a rest, take a bath in
the thermal springs
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person, based on double occupancy|