Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Southern Peru during two memorable hikes in the Colca Canyon and the Andes! Kick things off with big city life before you head off the beaten path to watch the Andean Condor soar. Discover the floating islands of Lake Titicaca, learn about Inca archeological sites and the cultures that came before. Push through the Sacred valley to arrive at the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu. Traverse mountain passes at altitudes close to 5000 meters and wake up to the sun's warm rays gently encouraging you to get out of your tent, strap the hiking boots back on and make each day an unforgettable adventure.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival in Lima...
• Our representative will welcome you and transfer from the airport to your hotel
• Begin exploring on your own or relax after your journey
• We're happy to provide recommendations for great restaurants, bars, shopping and activities!
• Make sure to try ceviche and possibly a Pisco sour. Lima is famous for this!
The 'White City'...
• Board a flight to Arequipa, then check into your hotel before your guided tour of the city
• Visit the Plaza de Armas and the Santa Catalina Convent
• In the afternoon, view Arequipa from Yanahuara and Cayma
Your second day...
• Visit mountain villages Cosnirhua and Malata and meet the locals
• Arrive at oasis de Sangalle, enjoy the pool and relax under palm trees
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included
Hiking boots back on...
• Set off on a 3 hour hike to Cabanaconde for breakfast
• Bus to Chivay and stop at several viewpoints to enjoy breath-taking vistas
• Continue by bus to Puno, located on the bank of Lake Titicaca
Island shaped by terraces...
• Learn about the local way of life, unchanged since the Inca days
• Discover the self-sufficient lifestyle of the inhabitants
• Take in superb views of the lake and the Royal Bolivian Mountain Range
Journey back in time...
• Visit the Inca site of Tambomachay
• Continue to Puca Pucara, Kenko and Saqsayhuaman fortress
• Visit the Cathedral on the Plaza de Armas, then Santo Domingo monastery
A sacred day...
• Visit the main Inca sites, and the natural beauty of the Sacred Valley
• Stop at the traditional artisanal market in Pisaq
• Revisit history in the impressive ruins of Ollantaytambo
• Discover the famous archaeological complex, covered in morning mist
• Roam the alleys of the citadel - it's quarters, squares, paths and observatories
• After an astounding day in Machu Picchu, return to Ollantaytambo
A day of leisure...
• Get out there for some last minute shopping, try new cuisine or soak up Cusco's incredible energy
• Wander down the charming cobblestone lanes and appreciate the architecture
• Reflect on your journey and watch the bustling city from your hotel
Reaching the sky...
• Wake up to mountain lakes, waterfalls and snow-covered peaks
• Pass by Hatun Pucacocha at 4585m, on the southern flank
• Reach the highest point, then descend to Ausangatecocha for the night
• Begin your trek towards the Palomani Pass (5050m)
• Enjoy the tranquility of this incredible place
• Descend back to Ausangatecocha for the evening
The last pass...
• Your final destinationis at 4986m - surrounded by glaciers
• Begin your descent passing the beautiful mountain lakes
• Reach Pacchanta and have a rest, take a bath in the thermal springs
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.