This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
You've arrived... • Upon arrival at Lima Airport our
personnel will escort you to your hotel
• Enjoy the sights of the city - wonderful restaurants
• Sleep well for your 14-day adventure ahead
The White City...
• Flight to Arequipa, discover the colonial centre of
the 'White City'
• Visit the Plaza de Armas and the Santa Catalina
• In the afternoon view Arequipa from
Yanahuara and Cayma
One of the deepest canyons...
• Look over Colca Canyon - approximately 3500m
• 3-hr drive to Chivay to visit the church and the
• In Yanque your guests will explain to you a
specialty: textiles, ceramics etc
Lifestyle of the Yanques...
• Spend the morning learning more about your
• Visit Cabanaconde, from where you will walk to
• Appreciate the wonderful view over the Colca
Canyon before returning to the village
The heart of the canyon...
• Take the opportunity to observe the flight of the
condor in Cruz del Condor
• Return to Chivay, passing by the lookout point of
• Wonderful view over the Colca Canyon before
returning to Llachón village
A day of water...
• Boat trip on Lake Titacaca to the Floating Islands
made of reeds (totoras)
• 300 inhabitants of Taquile still live according to
Inca period rules
• View the lake, Puno Bay and the Royal Bolivian
Pukara Archaeological Site...
• Cross the Colla plateau to Pukara - pre-Inca
• Taste a typical lunch in Sicuani, before viewing
spectacular Inca sanctuary
• Continue on to Andahuaylillas, visiting the 'Sistine
Chapel' of South America
More archaeological sites...
• Start your tour visiting the Inca site of
Tambomachay in Cusco
• Then walk on to Puca Pucara, Kenko and
Saqsayhuaman - a stunning fortress
• Visit the Cathedral on the Plaza de Armas, then
Santo Domingo monastery.
View the ruins...
• Visit the archaeological complex of Pisaq,
composed of various formations
• Stop at the traditional artisanal market of Pisaq to
see local displays
• Meet your hosts in Patabamba where you will be
staying the night
The people of Maras...
• Start the day with a tour of the Inca ruins before
heading to Maras
• Meet your hosts, visit local hatmaker's workshop
and 50-year business
• Workshops braiding maize leaves (pankas) and
painting, then musical tales
• Bread straight out of the communal oven for
• Learn how to remove salt by a local inhabitant
• Visit Ollantaytambo's archaeological site before
heading to Aguas Calientes
Machu Picchu, we've arrived...
• Discover this famous archaeological complex,
covered in morning mist
• Roam the alleys of the citadel - it's quarters,
squares, paths and observatories
• After an astounding day in Machu Picchu return
to Ollantaytambo for the night
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person, based on double occupancy|