Discover the essence of Peruvian culture by visiting an array of communities in the Andes! Stay with local families who will share their daily activities and beliefs with you. Get in touch with local culture, customs, and ancestral traditions. Explore priceless archeological treasures, thriving cities, high plateaus & some of the deepest canyons on Earth!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival in Lima...
• Our representative will welcome you and transfer from the airport to your hotel
• Begin exploring on your own or relax after your journey
• We're happy to provide recommendations for great restaurants, bars, shopping and activities!
• Make sure to try ceviche and possibly a Pisco sour. Lima is famous for this!
The 'White City'...
• Board a flight to Arequipa, then check into your hotel before your guided tour of the city
• Visit the Plaza de Armas and the Santa Catalina Convent
• In the afternoon, view Arequipa from Yanahuara and Cayma
One of the deepest canyons in the world...
• Marvel at the Colca Canyon - approximately 3500m deep!
• Hit the road for a 3 hour drive to Chivay and visit the church and the traditional markets
• Learn about local crafts: textiles & ceramics in Yanque
Lifestyle of the Yanques...
• Spend the morning learning more about local culture
• Visit Cabanaconde, from where you will walk to Achachiua
• Take in wonderful views over the Colca Canyon before returning to the village
A day on the water...
• Head to the floating islands of Lake Titacaca by boat
• Learn about the 300 inhabitants of Taquile, still living according to Inca period rules
• View the lake, Puno Bay and the Royal Bolivian Mountain Range
Journey back in time...
• Visit the Inca site of Tambomachay
• Continue to Puca Pucara, Kenko and Saqsayhuaman fortress
• Visit the Cathedral on the Plaza de Armas, then Santo Domingo monastery
The people of Maras...
• Start the day with a tour of the Inca ruins before heading to Maras
• Meet your hosts, visit a local hat maker, in business for over 50 years!
• Get your crafts on! Check out workshops on braiding maize leaves, painting and musical tales
• Discover the famous archaeological complex, covered in morning mist
• Roam the alleys of the citadel - it's quarters, squares, paths and observatories
• After an astounding day in Machu Picchu, return to Ollantaytambo
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.