Take the chance to gain a truly unique experience, and visit Papua New Guinea during 8 days! On this trip, you will have the opportunity to learn about the traditional cultures of the Sepik People and the Melpa People, who will show you a completely different way of life. Discover their traditions, rich indigenous culture and traditional food. In these areas, you will also experience a gorgeous nature, incredible landscapes, and a spectacular flora and fauna. Here, you will not find any stores or sky scrapers...See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Are you ready for a trip like no other?
• Upon arrival, you will be met by a representative.
• The adventure begins right away...
• Transfer together to you domestic flight, and head to Mount Hagen!
A way of life like you have never seen before!• During these days, you'll discover an untouched destinations of Papua New Guinea...
• Discover the unique culture of the Sepik people on guided village tours!
• Sepik's express their culture and beliefs through their art, incredible masks, drums, baskets and sculptures.
• You will see the master carvers at work and be able to purchase finely hand-crafted artifacts.
• See the basket weaving, gathering and cooking of the typical food from the Sago Palm!• This area also has an incredibly rich flora and fauna, and a staggering 229 bird species!
• Why not join the optional bird tour, to have the possibility to see the incredible species?
• Like the 12-Wire Birds of Paradise, cockatoos, parrots, hornbills, cormorants and other water birds!
A truly unique visit...
• In two days, you will discover the culture, tradition and customs of the Melpa people!
• Explore the village and their interesting and unique history on the guided tour programs.
• For the tours, the lodge has a variety of vehicles at your disposal.
• Every tour is also accompanied by experienced local guides from the area!
• Here, over 180 species of birds have been recorded, and several species of orchids.
• The long walking trails give a great opportunity to explore the unique ecology of this area!
• All nature - bird walks are accompanied by experienced and knowledgeable nature guides.
Where are you off to next?
• Soak up the last of this unique trip before heading to the transfer.
• Transfer to the airport in time for you flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed this incredible trip, and wish you a safe flight!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person from 1st April to 31st December 2019||$5,350|