Welcome to Lofoten, an archipelago in Norway known for its dramatic scenery! The four connected islands offer an unspoiled paradise for adventure seekers and nature lovers! This 8 day, self-drive adventure road trip combines a variety of off the beaten path activities and unique accommodations. Experience sea kayaking, vibrant wildlife, great hiking and joint the hunt for the mesmerizing Northern Lights! Along the way, you'll make great new friends and meet very accommodating hosts while staying in fisherman huts and goat farms famous for cheese and beer production!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
The hunt for Northern Lights begins...
• Welcome to Svolvær, the town on Lofoten Island, home of just 5000 Inhabitants
• You will be picked up at the airport and transfer to your fisherman hut accommodation
• In the evening, join the Northern Lights hunt. If weather is clear, you should have a good chance for great views!
• Return to Svolvær for overnight
• Get ready for an exciting day of winter kayaking!
• Paddle among small islands, bays and beaches, enjoying the silence, only interrupted by the sound of nature and your paddling oars
• Observe abundant wildlife including the largest seabird in Europe, the white-tailed sea eagle
• Bring a light lunch. The location demands a picnic
• Return to Svolvær
• Transfer to the rental car pick up location and grab your wheels!
• Hit the road! We recommend a drive via beautiful Gimsøya. Along the way you will see beautiful beaches, grazing horses and unspoiled nature
• Stop at Lofotr Viking Museum and get some viking knowledge
• Arrive at your accommodation, a working goat farm, known for production of cheese & beer
• Your hosts are a really interesting couple with endless captivating stories to tell!
• Enjoy a tasty local breakfast served at the farm in their café
• Today is your day to head out and explore the area!
• Visit the famous Unstad beach. The community is well worth exploring, and the setting is simply stunning!
• You will spend the night at the farm
• Today, you have a stunning drive ahead of you! and as you head south the scenery gets more and more beautiful
• Stop for lunch in Reine, or simply stroll the cozy streets
• Arrive in Å. Yes, Å. The last letter in the Norwegian alphabet and a small fishing village
• Spend the day at your own pace
• Perhaps, visit the Lofoten Stockfish Museum and the Norwegian Fishing Village Museum
• There are also great hiking trails in the area!
• Otherwise, sit and relax by your cabin and in the evening gaze towards the Northern Lights...
• After breakfast, head North
• On the way, visit Nusfjord
• Stop for the night in Henningsvær, the most active fishing village in Lofoten
• Overnight at a hotel on the pier. Tonight, a short walk will bring you to the center to enjoy a lovely dinner
• Drive to the airport at Svolvær
• Return the rental car at the airport and check in for departure
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$1,830|