Set off on a 9 day journey across Norway blending cultural discovery with off the beaten path experiences. Experience Oslo and Bergen in the company of local resident guides who will tailor the experiences to your interests. Go further afield and ride the world-renowned Flåm Railway, a scenic rail journey through steep fjord landscapes and waterfalls! You will also have the opportunity to experience tradition snow shoeing, discover historic villages, sample local cuisine and enjoy the company of friendly locals. Not just a feast for the eyes, this adventure will warm your belly and your soul.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival in Oslo...
• Transfer from the airport to your hotel
• Depending on arrival time, we suggest starting with some of these activities:
• Enjoy great food, atmosphere & entertainment around Aker Brygge, a beautiful and modern part of town
• Visit the Viking Ship Museum and the Open-Air Folk Museum (easily accessible by public transportation)
• Walk along the Havnepromenaden, a new five-and-a-half-mile waterfront park, which combines sightseeing, history, art, architecture, and a little bit of adventure!
• Visit the Vigeland Sculpture Park, home of 200 larger than life sculptures
• For dinner, explore the city's historic core buzzing with restaurants and cafés
• Today, a local expert will meet you at your hotel and take you on a private tour of Oslo based on your interests!
• The rest of the afternoon and evening is yours to explore on your own!
• For dinner, head east to Grünerløkka, full of artsy cafés, and trendy restaurants
During summer months, Oslo comes alive to celebrate extended daylight hours, with various festivals and celebrations happening each week!
• After breakfast, take the train to Myrdal
• Then, switch to the world-renowned Flåm Railway, a scenic journey through steep fjord landscapes and waterfalls!
• Take the Flåm railway one stop and arrive at your charming hotel
• Upon arrival, relax and enjoy some free Norwegian waffles and coffee
• Later, take a short stroll in the wild nature surrounding the hotel
• Set off on a guided hike around local mountains in traditional snowshoes!
• Take in breathtaking views of the Aurlandsfjord
• Stop for hot beverages, a warm up and a bit of culture & history
• The trip is suitable for beginners and is a fun way to access nature during the winter season. (General fitness required / no experience necessary)
• After breakfast, hop onboard the Flåm railway to Flåm
• Upon arrival, explore the fjord village
• Then, experience the magic of Norwegian winter during a 2 hour fjord safari
• Discover both the Aurlandsfjord and the UNESCO listed Nærøyfjord, surrounded by snow-covered peaks and frozen waterfalls
• On the way back, visit the charming village Undredal
• Stop for a warm drink, a little insight into local life and a goat cheese tasting
Please note: Dress warmly! Not recommended for children under 6 years old
• Arrive in Gudvangen fjord village and marvel at reconstructed viking age dwellings
• Continue on a scenic bus journey to Voss
• Check into your hotel, formerly an old farm turned into an excellent boutique hotel
• Spend the day exploring Voss at your own pace
• Choose from a variety of activities such as hiking, skiing, a windtunnel experience
• Or, if you prefer a more leisurely day, take a scenic gondola ride up to the mountains or have a go at ice fishing
• Next up, train to Bergen!
• Meet a local resident for a private tour of Bergen based on your interests. Here are some ideas:
• Walk through history (3h): Start in the city center and walk up to “Sandviksbatteriet”. From here, the trail takes you to a small, hidden cabin rich in World War II history
• Explore Bergen's parks & architecture (3h): This easy walking tour visits notable exteriors and city parks including: St. Johannes church, the botanic garden, Nygårdsparken park, Nordnes park & a variety of hidden gems along the way!
• Hike Mt. Sandviken (2h30): This hike includes a visit to Stoltzekliven - a local favorite consisting of 900 steps built by sherpas from Nepal
• Or, a 24-Hour Bergen Card, will allow you free bus travel and free admittance to most museums (as well as other attractions), so take advantage!
• Enjoy your last morning in Norway before heading to the airport
• Board your onward flight
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$2,080|