This 6-day hiking tour includes the best of Trollheimen, Dovre and Sunndal National Parks. With contrasting mountain areas and varied nature including waterfalls, mountains, stunning valleys, winding roads, and a Viking graveyard, this hiking trip has it all! From Aursjøveien, a spellbindingly beautiful and tough mountain drive to hiking into one of Norway´s most beautiful valleys you will soon understand why this country is the land of fairy-tales and Trolls!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Today you will journey north by train from the cosmopolitan city of Oslo to the ski town of Oppdal
• Take in the views over Dovrefjell and the mountain of Snøhetta from the Snøhetta viewpoint
• Learn Viking history during a guided tour of the Vang Viking graveyard in Oppdal
• Travel down the Sunndal valley, a glacially sculpted U-shaped valley with towering mountain walls and waterfalls
• Pass through Sunndalsøra, once was a mecca for British salmon lords
• Hike to the Åmotan Waterfalls. Åmotan is a river system where seven rivers meet (1-5km)
• Hike in the tranquil surroundings of Vangshaugen near Storvatnet lake. Take a refreshing swim in the lake, or walk up to the Svøu waterfall
One of the most beautiful valleys in Norway...
• Innerdalen is the historic gateway from the fjords to the inland
• Hike to Innerdalen for views of the valley and lake below. (3.5 km)
• Arrive at charming Renndølsetra, you will be treated to homemade waffles with jam and homemade cream
• Hike toStorvatnet in Gikingdalen valley. Enjoy stuning scenery of lakes, creeks, marshes and birch forests on the way (3.5km each way)
Towering cliffs and 180 degree hairpin turns...
• Experience the dramatic drive along Aursjøveien road (gravel)
• Visit Torbuvollen farm, a small summer farm, situated high in the mountains
• Walk up to the Aurstaupet veiwpoint for stunning views of the valley (300m)
• Hike to Mardalsfossen waterfall, the fourth largest waterfall in the world (2km each way)
Optional activity: Visit local farmer and reindeer hunter in Eikesdalen
• Learn about cultural significance of reindeer
• The mountains around are home to one of Northern Europe´s last wild reindeer herds
• Buy reindeer meat
Hiking the Romsdal Alps of Norway...
• The hike over the Romsdal Ridge is a very challenging and fulfilling hike (10 -12.5 km, 8-10 hours, guide extra cost)
• Hike up to Romsdal Veiwpoint and be rewarded with a superb view over Åndalsnes town, the fjord and the mountains (1.7 km 2-3 hours)
• There are hikes here for all skill and fitness levels
• You will leave the fjords, with a chance to visit Trollstigen viewpoint on your way (10 min hike from the parking area to the viewpoint platform, 30 km round trip detour)
• Drive up the Rauma valley, beside the towering Trollwall, to the town of Otta, and further to Oslo
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.