Experience your winter wonderland on a road trip through the Fjords of Norway, with its amazing contrasts between snow-covered mountains and deep blue fjords. Snow-shoeing, a fishing trip and a cooking workshop provide great opportunities to meet Norwegians. Explore Bergen and Oslo on a relaxing train journey famous for its scenery; perhaps even including the Northern Lights!
Time to visit: February through AprilSee more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Arrive in Alesund, gateway to the magnificent Norwegian fjords. Massive formations that set the scene for your upcoming adventure!
• Ferry across the fjords with their majestic winter views. Dress warm today and breathe in that fresh fjord air.
• Snuggle in to your luxurious log cabin near the Nordsfjord for the night. Maybe some hot chocolate to warm you up!
• Master this exciting new skill - no previous experience required. All you need is warm clothes and positive energy to make this a successful experience.
• Discover the valleys around the fjord while having fun in the snow
• Guides will suggest the best ideas for you travel in the region. Local knowledge is second to none, and we now the best guides!
• Fun snow activities are available along the fjords. We have hikes, cultural visits, boats and much more to offer!
• Relax in a sauna or with a book by the wood fire in your cabin. Remember this your vacation, go at your own pace!
• Short tours on your own can also prove very interesting. And we will be sure to recommend some great restaurants with local produce.
• Drive towards the sea to a different landscape - one of hundreds of small islands.
• Join one of the local fishermen on a fishing boat to catch your own fish today. Discover not only the fish but also about the locals, the importance of fishing and of course...how delicious the food is.
• Prepare your dinner with the head chef of the famous Knutholmen restaurant
• Drive south to Bergen, the historic fjord capital. Take your time along the way as the scenery is literally breath-taking.
• Walk through the famous UNESCO world heritage listed wooden houses of Bergan Bryggen.
• Dine in excellent restaurants specializing in fish and meat dishes.
Bergen to Oslo by train!
• Board the train for a journey through the mountains of Norway. A bucket list journey ahead.
• See world class views of magnificent breathtaking landscapes in the comfort of your seat with a hot drink.
• Pass by attractive stations and charming villages between Bergen and Oslo.
Train from Bergen to Oslo: 7 hours
Oslo, our final stop on the adventure!
• Visit the Viking and Kontiki museums or the Vigelands Park sculptures in a snowy and wintry landscape.
• Great views over the city and fjord from the famous Holmenkollen ski-jump. Or head out for a day of ice skating!
• Maybe just stroll along the main streets, bump into boutique cafes or corner shops and get a little lost!
Happy/sad...all good things come to an end.
• The end of a wonderful winter vacation!
• Catch the airport train or a taxi to the Oslo Gardermoen International Airport according to your departure time.
• Enjoy your trip home and thank you for traveling with us - ha det!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$2,220|