This tour is set up like an expedition, where everyone will work together to accomplish goals. You have to be able to paddle in calm and windy circumstances at a normal pace. Everybody needs to be able to swim, and to be strong enough to lift a fully packed kayak in and out of the water, in rocky and slippery landing conditions. If you like an adventure in wild and overwhelming nature, and a good conversation around the campfire, this is the trip for you!See more
• Undergo basic kayaking instructions and safety protocols. This is required for all of our trips. You will learn fantastic techniques this morning!
• Paddle in the Ellingsøyfjorden. Get right into it with a morning paddle to become accustomed to the kayak.
• Enjoy your overnight stay at Vemøya. Take in the views and be proud of your first day on the water.
4-5 hours paddling.
The Storfjoden experience...
• Paddle through the Solnør canals and on to Storfjorden.
• Reach the steep cliff of Yste Skotet, then hike up to a local farm.
• Relax and enjoy traditional food and a warm bed this evening. Eat up too, lots of activity ahead!
6-7 hours paddling and 30 minutes hiking.
• Leave the farm at beautiful Yste Skotet and cross the fjord to Storøya
• Here explore the the history of the old trading post, and flex your history muscles as you learn about the waterways you have been paddling along.
• Discover this ideal place for camping. Time to whip out the hook and sinker too. Keen fishermen and enthusiastic hikers will love this evening!
4 hours paddling.
• After a long day in the fjords kayakers arrive at the Cape of Åknes.
• Stay overnight at one of the mountain farms on top of the cape.
• If in season, some of the lovely locally grown cherries can be sampled. Literally it is like adding the cherry on top of the cake.
6-7 hours paddling and 10 minutes hiking.
• Venture into the mountainous UNESCO listed Geirangerfjord. A marvel of nature that is sure to bring silence in the group.
• Hike up from Skagefla for the most majestic mountain and fjord views.
• Settle in for your campfire meal and well earned rest after a full day of paddling, and neck turning to get all the views.
5-6 hours paddling and 30 minutes hiking.
Spectacular cascades as seen by kayak.
• Enjoy breakfast with striking sunlit waterfall views and sounds.
• Romantically named: Brides Veil, Seven Sisters and the Suitor. Get up close and personal with these fjord characters!
• Kayak back to Geiranger and return to Alesund. Your kayak adventure has come to an end with us.
3 hours paddling.
Please feel free to extend your trip by asking your local agent to add extra days either before or after the group tour.
Price per person, based on occupancy of one double room. Excluding international flights.
|Departure date of group tour||From|
|From 07/21/2020 to 07/26/2020||$1,610|
|From 08/25/2020 to 08/30/2020||$1,610|