Pack up your family, and head out on an action-packed, family getaway that takes you through New Zealand's North & South Islands. You'll experience more than just dramatic scenery and the country's finest accommodation. From heli-skiing to loge rides, helicopter tours and glacier hiking, this vacation will get your adrenaline pumping whatever your age is! You will also have the chance to experience the Maori culture of New Zealand, taste the delicious local gastronomy and of course, enjoy some memorable family time together!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The ‘City of Sails’!
• Today, enjoy a two-hour sailing experience on an America’s Cup yacht in Auckland Harbour!
• NZL40 is a grand prix racing machine and was part of The America’s Cup challenge.
• You can take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the action!You’ll stay 2 nights in a 2 Bedroom Suite in downtown Auckland.
• Experience Auckland's unique cultural heritage with an indigenous Maori guide on a interactive tour!
• Share the stories of the Maori people, learn about their language and discover their culture.
• Continue the tour around Auckland to visit the many gorgeous and cultural sites.
• Have a break and enjoy a picnic lunch!
It began as you might expect, in a hole in the ground...
• Today, pick up your car and drive towards Rotorua!
• Stop en-route for a guided tour of Hobbiton - the movie set for Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit!
• Upon arrival, explore Rotorua’s striking gardens, cobbled streets and fascinating mix of Maori and English Tudor architecture.
• Check in to your apartment before getting a Marori Culture Experience: see warriors in traditional dress paddle and witness a Maori Cultural Performance!
• Enjoy a traditionally cooked hangi meal pulled hot from underground.
• Visit the Museum Te Wairoa and learn the story of the 1886 eruption of Mt. Tarawera and the consequences it had.
• Next up: visit the incredible WhiteIsland active volcano!
• Fly over Hell's Gate Thermal Valley to the Pacific Ocean coastline and the volcano of White Island.
• Land at the crater's rim and spend have a guided walk (1) of this gorgeous and fascinating, natural attraction!
Catch the flight to your next adventure!
• Head to the airport and catch your flight to Christchurch!
• Marvel at the amazing backdrop, where the Southern Alps soar towards the sky!
• Perched on the coast, Christchurch is the doorway to the Canterbury Plains, which spread westward towards the mountains.
• Discover this incredible city, stroll the streets and enjoy the local culture.
Somewhere, beyond the sea...
• Continue the journey from Christchurch to Kaikoura!
• The dusky dolphins inhabit the coastal waters all year round, making Kaikoura a unique place.
• Grab your snorkels and flippers, and head out in the waters!
• The dolphins can be seen daily, and often provides an incredible diving experience!
From coast to coast, and everything in between
• Hop on one of the worlds greatest train journeys: the TranzAlpine!
• You will pass the Canterbury Plains, climb up into the marvelous Southern Alps...
• ... and descend through the lush beech rain forest to the west coast town of Greymouth!
• From here, pick up your car and drive to Franz Josef, where you will check-in to your accommodation at Punga Grove.
Be aware, the floor might be slippery...
• A day of marvelous adventures: start with an exciting scenic helicopter flight over breathtaking nature...
• Land upon the glacier and embark on a 2 h incredible hike!
• You will be treated to some of the most inspiring glacier scenery....
• This is a truly unique experience, which will give you and your family memories of a life time!
• Hit the road and drive to Queenstown!
• This is the southern hemisphere's premiere spot for alpine and lake activities.
• Located on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and close by the majestic Remarkables Range...
• ... this is the southern hemisphere's premiere spot for alpine and lake activities.
• Check into 2 Bedroom Apartment at The Rees.
• Today, travel by coach following the Lake Wakatipu, and through the countryside to Manapouri!
• Hop on a cruise across picturesque Lake Manapouri to West Arm, and continue by coach through dense rainforest across Wilmot Pass.
• On arrival in Doubtful Sound, board our spacious catamaran for a 3 h cruise through some of the fiord’s most stunning nature.
• A nature specialist guide will accompany you, and share their knowledge about the local flora and fauna!
As far as the eye can see!
• Hop on the Skyline Gondola, which offers a spectacular 220 degree panorama!
• Enjoy breathtaking views of the Coronet Peak, the Remarkables Mountain range, Lake Wakatipu to Cecil and Walter Peaks!
• Lunch with a view: enjoy a gorgeous meal in the Skyline restaurant!
• End the day with an exciting experience, feel the adrenaline rush on 2 luge rides!
Remarkable ride onto the Remarkables!
• Discover Queenstown from a new perspective, literally, on four 30 min helicopter rides!
• On this premier scenic flight, you'll fly over the remarkable scenery...
• ... and land on The Remarkables, 5000 feet above Queenstown!
• If you are travelling during winter, you will be able to see the gorgeous mountains covered in glittering snow!
Where will your next adventure be?
• A private transfer will bring you from your hotel to the the Queenstown Airport in time for your flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed this adventure trip: perhaps you have taken your new family Christmas photo?
• We wish you a safe journey onto your next adventure!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|October 2019 to March 2020||$4,700|