Hop and skip between animated cities and incomparable landscapes. Begin the adventure in Auckland with whale watching and Hobbit-town visits to fill that wildlife and cinematic itch. Afterwards, dive south into fjordlands and glacier capped mountains. An abundance of hiking, sunrises and wine tastings await you.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Arrive in Auckland, a sophisticated cosmopolitan city surrounded by beautiful scenery, adrenaline pumping adventure and first-class food and wine
• Transfer from Auckland International Airport to your hotel
• Experience whale watching in theHauraki Gulf aboard a super comfortable and stable luxury 20m high speed catamaran
• Be spellbound by the spectacle of a feeding frenzy involving sea birds, whales and dolphins
• Depart Auckland and travel to Waikato
• Enjoy a guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves
• Next up, a scenic drive across the Kaimai Ranges for a Movie Set tour on the picturesque 1,250 acre farm where scenes from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed
• Transfer to Rotorua afterwards
• Explore Rotorua's striking gardens, cobbled streets and fascinating mix of Maori and English Tudor architecture
• Get ready for white water sleding on the Kaituna River
• Negotiate your way through the rapids with the occasional assistance from expert guides
• Journey by 4WD vehicle to the remote and beautiful Mt Potts high country station and see how this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings
• Immerse yourself in the unspoiled beauty of this breathtaking area with its sparkling clear lakes, glistening blue rivers and fresh, crisp mountain air
• Pick up your rental car and drive to Twizel - and Skyscape!
• Hike, bike, stroll among the flocks of sheep, experience a farm tour or simply relax
• Perhaps a soak in the luxury cedar outdoor bath tub is the move?
• The lakeside town of Wanaka can provide you with an appealing mix of fine living, family fun and adventure
• Discover charming cafes, restaurants and interesting shops
• Horseback riding is another great option here!
• Continue to Queenstown, southern hemisphere's premiere alpine and lake resort
• Nestled on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and overlooked by the majestic Remarkables Range, Queenstown is the perfect destination all year round
• Dare to take the 140 foot leap at Kawarau Bridge Bungy, the world's first and most infamous of leaps!
• Ride the Skyline Gondola to the summit of Mount Ngongotaha for the best views in the region
• Satisfy any remaining appetite for adrenaline and go ziplining!
• The Kea Tour is a three-hour, high-velocity, 6-line adventure that includes a stunning 20-minute guided trek
• Go on a half-day walk combining the best of native flora and fauna, with magnificent lake and mountain views
• Your guide will introduce you to an array of edible and medicinal plants used by Maori and European settlers
• Indulge in a full day of local sights, fresh cuisine and a tasting of fine wines, cheeses and handcrafted chocolates
• Taste wine at four vineyards over two central Otago wine regions
• Included is the Gibbston Valley wine cave tour, a splendid cheese and wine presentation and a divine wine barrel-cooked lunchmatched with wines
• Transfer to Queenstown Airport for your flight home
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.