Bring your family to see the most beautiful dunes in the world, vast stretches of mountainous vistas, and countless wild animals! Upon arrival, the adventure will start at right away! You will be picked up in Windhoek and taken to Solitaire, where you can have a dip in the pool before a delicious dinner. Following days, you and your family will have the chance to go on multiple game drives and safaris, have some gorgeous local gastronomy, visit the Himba tribesmen and of course, enjoy some quality family time together!
The minimum age on this itinerary is 5 years.
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to Namibia!
• Between 8.8.30, you will be picked up and brought to meet the rest of your group!
• Drive from Windhoek to the Naukluft Mountains, via the Khomas Hochland mountain range.
• Have a delicious lunch en-route!
• Stop in the city Solitaire for refreshments before continuing to our camp for the night.
• Upon arrival, take a dip in the pool before having a dinner cooked over open fire!
(Please note that we do not camp inside the Park area but about 48 kms away.)
• Drive during sunrise through Sesriem to get a gorgeous view over the dunes.
• After a breakfast stop, you will begin the walk through the gorgeous nature in the cool morning.
• See ancient mineral pans, stunted camel thorn trees and perhaps a gemsbok or ostrich!
• Visit the dune 45, then return to Sesriem for lunch.
• Afternoon-excursion to the Sesriem Canyon before returning to camp for a dip and dinner.
for a day of delicious food...
• Morning drive through the scenic Kusieb pass and down the beautiful canyon.
• Stop for a climb to a gorgeous view of the spectacular desert landscape!
• Enjoy lunch beside the ocean, and perhaps even spot a flamingo...
• Upon arrival in Swakopmund, you can either explore the city on your own or in the group.
• Take the chance to explore the great restaurants: The seafood here is superb!
• Join a dolphin cruise in the morning, from Walvis Bay Waterfront out in the lush Bay Area.
• Spot the lighthouse, oyster platforms, different bird species, seals and more marine life.
• In the afternoon it’s your free time to do optional adventures activities, or relax on the Beach...
Optional Activities: Organized with guide based on availability. - Aeroplane and Microlight Flights over the desert
- Scenic Drives
-Fishing Trips (both from the beach or in a boat),
- Four-wheel (quad bike) Trips into the desert and over the sand dunes around Swakopmund,
- Sand Boarding Trips (also in the dunes),
- Bird-watching Disclaimer: Activities are not included, and participation is at the discretion of the client.
From deep seas to soaring mountains...
• Early drive to Cape Cross to visit a seal colony of Cape Fur Seals!
• Continue to Uis, an old mining town: Here, rough Amethyst, Tourmaline etc can be purchased.
• Pass Namibia's highest mountain, the Brandberg!
• Continue driving via the Burnt mountain to the Twyfelfontein, where you will sleep under the stars...
• Start with an early morning visit to the ancient Bushman rock engravings with a guide!
• Next stop is the town of Kamanjab, before continuing to meet the Himba Tribesmen!
•Join your guide and discover the local life of the tribe, traditional food and local religion!
• Quick stop in Outjo at a bakery for "sticky cakes", before reaching Etosha’s premier resort, Okaukuejo!
• Let the safari begin: here, you have opportunity for some of the best game drives in Southern Africa...
How many species can you see?
• Today is a full game driving day!
• Enjoy the gorgeous nature and the many animals living here.
• Black rhino, elephant, lion and numerous species of antelope are often seen here...
• Get an early start, for another day of incredible game drives!
• Head from Etosha to Halali camp, situated in the middle of the park.
• Here you have the chance to view species that are not common on the Okaukuejo side!
• Stop at Halali for a rest and lunch, then visit the Halali waterhole: later, try the swimming pool or bar facilities...
• ...before continuing with a game drive towards Namutoni!
• Today, hit the road to Otjiwarongo, and visit the visit the Cheetah Conservation Fund en-route!
• Enjoy a walking tour of their main facility as, Educational Center, Cheetah Museum and Clinic.
• Continue to Waterberg National Park, home to about 25 animal species and 200 birds!
• See the Waterberg Plateau, a sandstone formation which rises 200 m, and its surrounding nature...
• ... the scenery changes from acacia savannah at the foot, to lush-green sub-tropical dry woodlands!
Note: See the Feeding of the Cheetahs at 14:00 weekdays and 12:00 on Weekends.
Where are you off to now?
• Depart to the small town of Okahandja, home of Namibia’s largest wood carving market!
• The stalls offer a vast array of truly Namibian souvenirs...
• Continue driving to Windhoek – Hosea Kutako Airport for your flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and wish you a safe trip!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$2,040|