This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Bienvenidos a Mexico!
· Arrive in Mexico City International Airport.
· Transfer to your hotel for the night.
Stroll through the bustle of the capital…
· Follow your guide on a city tour.
· See Zocalo Cathedral and the Rivera murals.
· Take an optional evening food tour with tacos and mezcal!
Marvel at the largest city of ruins in the world…
· Tour the impressive archaeological site of Teotihuacán.
· Climb the Sun and Moon Pyramids to see the ‘City of the Gods’.
· Visit Basilica de Guadalupe, a famous pilgrimage site.
View the snow-capped peaks of a volcano…
· Head off to Popocatepetl Volcano on a private tour.
· Stop at Amecameca and Tlamacas village on your journey.
· Climb to 3700m at Paso Cortez for volcano views.
Visit the most beautiful towns of central Mexico…
· Travel to Bernal and climb its 288m monolith, la Peña.
· Taste some traditional gorditas (filled corn dumplings).
· Visit Tequisquiapan famous for its handicrafts and markets.
Get happy with some organic Mezcal…
· Dip in the mineral waters of Hierve el Agua waterfalls.
· Taste traditional Mezcal in Gracias a Dios.
· Understand the organic manufacturing process.
A favourite of Aldous Huxley up next…
· See the ancient temples and pyramids of Monte Albán.
· Return to World Heritage Oaxaca city centre for a tour.
· Take the overnight bus to San Cristobal de las Casas.
The turquoise blue lakes of Montebello…
· Learn about pottery-making in Amante Nango del Valle.
· Continue to Montebello National Park, famed for its lakes.
· See the tallest waterfall in Chiapas, El Chiflon.
Bathe in waterfalls in the middle of the jungle…
· Drive through the early morning fog of the jungle.
· Dip in the waters of Agua Azul waterfalls.
· Walk behind a curtain of falling water at Misol Ha.
See sites rarely visited by tourists…
· Visit Yaxchilan archaeological site, deep in Lacandon forest.
· See the wall paintings at Bonampak site.
· Encounter monkeys and other animals.
These ruins even have a ball court…
· Head to the Mayan archaeological ruins of Palenque.
· Climb up the Temple of Inscriptions for the view.
· Continue to peaceful Campeche village to relax.
The Yucatan’s second most important site…
· Explore Mayan huts of Uxmal archaeological site.
· Find Hacienda Yaxcopoil to see a restored plantation.
· Finish in beautiful Mérida, known as the ‘White City’.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person, based on 3-star hotel, double occupancy|