Get ready to climb to the summit of Mexico's most beautiful but challenging volcanoes with a private certified mountain climbing guide. Over 15 days, visit the bustling metropolitan capital, Mexico City, explore unique crater lakes on the Nevado de Toluca, look out over the impressive views from la Malinche, and finally venture up to Mexico's highest volcano, the Pico de Orizaba!
Welcome to this wonderful city…
· Transfer from Mexico City airport to your hotel
· Accustom yourself with your surroundings
· Dine at a restaurant nearby or in your hotel
Stroll the beautiful historic centre...
· Visit impressive Zocalo with its famous Cathedral
· Visit the Anthropological Museum
· Learn about the history and culture of Mexico
Discover the largest city of ruins in Latin America...
· Climb up the Sun and Moon Pyramids
· Continue to the charming colonial town of Bernal
· Climb the third largest monolith in the world
Enjoy a tour of historic Querétaro...
· Querétaro - colonial highlight of Mexico
· Visit the beautiful Plaza de la Independencia
· Discover immaculate Casa de la Marquesa
Breathtaking panoramic view of the countryside...
· Reach the Nevada de Toluca base camp
· Visit the nearby volcano Popcatepetl
· Explore the unique landscape of the volcanoes
Tlaxcala, capital city of the smallest Mexican state...
· Explore this quaint colonial town
· Admire the architecture and colonial atmosphere
· Acclimatize to the high altitudes of the region
Take advantage of the cool morning weather...
· Reach the summit and be rewarded by the view
· La Malinche is the fifth highest peak in Mexico
· View surrounding volcanoes such as Popcatepetl
Relax and recover from the previous day’s effort...
· Altzomoni, base camp to Iztaccihuatl volcano
· Explore the region on a short hike
· Acclimatize to the altitude
Another acclimatization hike...
· Reach last base camp called the “Tercer Portillo"
· The third station before Iztaccihuatl´s summit
· Relax in the quiet and peaceful environment
Hike to the summit of the Iztaccihuatl volcano...
· The third largest volcano in Mexico at 5286m
· (Iztaccihuatl and Popocatepetl) - two lovers
· Witness the snow covered peaks of this volcano
Spend the night in a mountain cabin...
· After breakfast, head to the village of Tlachichuca
· Spend the night in a cabin at Piedra Grande
· Enjoy a dinner surrounded by spectacular views
Acclimatizing your body to the high altitudes...
· Explore the pristine nature atop Pico de Orizaba
· Head to the area of the "Cruces of Monterrey“
· Return to your cabin at the Piedra Grande
A big adventure is awaiting you...
· Climb Mexico’s highest volcano and mountain
· Enjoy the beautiful views of the valley below
· Explore the topography of the volcano’s crater
Thank you for visiting...
· Return to Mexico City and arrive around 13:00
· Head to your hotel, the bus station or airport
· We hope to see you again
Feel free to ask your local agency to privatize the tour if you would like to choose your own departure dates.
|Contact the Local Agency for 2019 Tour Dates|