We propose a different way to discover Japan, an exploration of unique traditions away from the crowds. This carefully curated itinerary, ideal for those returning to the country for a second time, will have you dancing the "Fool's Dance" with the locals, stuffing your face with Udon noodles, drooling over hilltopcastles, lacing up for rugged hiking excursions and taking long relaxing dips in Japan's famed onsen hot springs. Just wait until you see what we'll cook up for your next visit!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Japan!
• Pick up your JR Shikoku Rail Pass from the kiosk at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
• Our recommendation: take the airport limousine bus over the beautiful Awaji island before reaching Tokushima city
• Later, start your adventure with some Udon - a popular local delicacy
• Visit the Takamatsu Castle and explore a bit more of the city
• Experience the Awa Odori Festival, one of the most famous dances festivals in all of Japan (mid-August)
• Witness the "Fool's Dance" whose origins date back 400 years
• Embark on a cruise to the famous Naruto Whirlpools
• Take the bus from Tokushima station using your JR Shikoku Pass to Naruto Park
• The Naruto Whirlpools are some of the fastest flowing malestorms in the world and Tokushima's main attraction
• Visit the Oosahiko Shrine, one of the most important shrines in all of Japan
• For a day trip spend a peaceful afternoon strolling through Oge Island
• In the morning take the appropriate train to Awa Ikeda station
• Journey to Miyoshi, a gateway city to the natural scenery of Tokushima
• Just south of the city, the Iya valley offers some rugged hiking over the Iya-Kazurabashi and Oku-Iya Kazurabashi
Breakfast and dinner included
• Take the bus to Kochi City, a small city with a friendly atmosphere and casual vibe
• In the evening, meet your guide for a tour of Ichiba Market
• Explore the Ryuga caves, designated as a national natural monument and historic site
• Put on a headlight and try the adventure course which takes you through parts of the cave so narrow you'll have to crawl to get through!
• Transfer to Matsuyama city via the bullet train using the Shikoku Rail pass
• Be sure to visit Matsuyamajo, a beautiful hilltop castle
• Have a soak at Dogo onsen, one of Japan's oldest hot spring resorts
• Your last night in Japan has finally arrived
• Enjoy a day of leisure, exploring the town at your own pace
• Visit the famous Dogo onsen (if you haven't done so already)
• Or, check out the local markets for some last minute shopping
• Check out of your hotel and make your way to Matsuyama Airport
• Catch your onward flight
• Thank you for joining us in Japan. We hope to see you again soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|From January to December||$1,800|