Experience the contrasts between a traditional Japanese way of life and the sensory overload of the its ultra-modern cities linked by bullet trains! Journey back to a time of awe-inspiring shrines, traditional tea ceremonies, meticulous craftsmanship of gold leaf decorations and the art of sushi. Then, fast forward to the latest technological marvels, stunning firework festivals, video game bars and robot restaurants!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival in Tokyo...
• Pick up your JR Pass and Hokuriku Pass from the airport post office and exchange them at the JR ticket counter
• Take the Narita Airport Liner to your accommodation in central Tokyo
• Spend the day exploring Tokyo and getting accustomed to your surrounding area
• In the evening, go for a relaxing soak in an onsen (Japanese hot spring)!
Modern Japan and tradition...
• Take the local train to meet your guide at the Tsukiji fish market for a tour through one of Tokyo's historical sights
• Learn how to make sushi from a master chef
• Continue to Asakusa to explore the Sensoji Temple. Be sure to send a prayer for future prosperit
• In the evening head over to Shinjuku for dinner and an exciting show at the Robot Restaurant!
Breakfast and lunch included
Fireworks and yukatas, the symbols of summertime...
• Spend the morning in Asakusa
• Climb up to the top of the Tokyo Skytree for a panoramic view of the city
• Grab a yukata at a local mall to attend an evening fireworks festival as the locals do
• Sample Japanese food from the stands and find a good spot on the banks to watch the fireworks
• Transfer to Yamanashi, home of sacred Mt. Fuji
• Take the Shinkansen from Shinagawa station to Kawaguchi
• Check into your ryokan (traditional hotel)
• Spend the day exploring the Fuji Five Lakes
• Bike around the lakes for a little adventure fix
• The symbol of Japan; Mt. Fuji is the most sacred mountain in the country
• Take the local train from Kawaguchi to Mt. Fuji 5th station
• Explore the infamous Aokigahara forest with an expert guide
Home of the arts and culture...
• Board the bullet train from Kawaguchi to Kanazawa station
• From it's production of gold leaf art to beautiful pottery and Japanese gardens, Kanazawa is a must-see for any classic Japan experience
• Drop your luggage at your hotel
• Meet your guide at the Omicho market for a tour and cooking class
• Shirakawago, a UNESCO World Heritage site is easily accessible from Takayama City
• Stroll around Myozenji Temple & Museum, founded in 1748
• Marvel at the gassho-zukuri (traditional farmhouses)
Japan's former capital...
• Board the bullet train from Kanazawa to Kyoto
• Upon arrival, head to your hotel for check-in and some downtime
• Journey down the Philosopher's Path and make your way to the Kiyomizudera
• Start your day off at the Fushimi Inari Shrine, made famous by the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha"
• Climb to the top of the shrine for a fantastic view of Kyoto city
• Later, meet your guide at a local temple for a tea ceremony experience
• Roam the backstreets of Gion as the locals do!
• Try some kushikuyaki, a local delicacy
• Head to Arashiyama, the western part of Kyoto
• Take the local train to Saga Arashiyama station and enjoy a scenic walk through town
• Feel the calm brought about by the streams flowing under Togetsukyo bridge
• Climb the nearby mountain leading to a monkey park, and a bird's eye view of Kyoto
• Visit the famed bamboo forests
• Last stop, Kinkakuji - the Golden Pavilion
'The City of Peace'...
• Say goodbye to Kyoto with a short walk through the Gion district
• Afterwards, take a bullet train to Hiroshima
• Spend the afternoon exploring the Hiroshima Peace Park
• Take the ferry to Miyajima from Hiroshima
• Visit the stunning Itsukushima Shrine, one of the top 3 sights in Japan!
• Head to the top of Mount Misen via ropeway
• Marvel at the Daisho-in Temple at the foot of Mt Misen
• Hop back on the bullet train & make a quick stop in Himeji, home of Japan's most beautiful castle
• Explore Himeji Park, relax at the huge park center and visit the zoo for some light fun
• Continue to Osaka, the liveliest city in the Kansai area
• In the evening, enjoy a night food tour through Dotonbori
Breakfast and dinner included
• Visit Osaka’s famous sights such as: Osaka Castle, Umeda Sky Building and Shin-Sekai
• Check out Namba, the livest section of Osaka for some shopping
• Stop in one of Osaka's video game bars. Grab a drink and experience the latest in game technology
• Today is your final day in Japan!
• Take the train from Shin-Osaka Station to KIX Airport to fly out
• Thank you for joining us in Japan and we hope to see you again in the future!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$2,400|