What comes to mind when thinking of Japan? Perhaps it's the sunny days and the Cherry Blossoms. The East Asian country has plenty to offer during the cooler, less touristy months when it turns into a stunning winter wonderland! For those with a craving for visual satisfaction, doctor's orders may include: exploring winter illuminations in Tokyo & Shirakawago, catching views of snow capped Mt Fuji and immersion in the tranquility of frosty ancient shrines. Let's be honest, going for a dip in a natural hot spring is endlessly more enjoyable while snowflakes gently fall from the sky.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Today, head to Odaiba - Tokyo's artificial Island
• Visit the TeamLab Museum, where you will move around in a three-dimensional space
• Have a walk near the beach and admire the Gundam Statue or the Statue of Liberty standing in front of the prestigious Rainbow Bridge
• At night, check out the view from top of Tokyo Tower, the second tallest tower in Japan
• Journey to Lake Kawaguchi, the most popular lake of the Fuji Five Lakes near Mt Fuji!
• You can opt to cycle around the lake!
• Stop in some of the many cafes around the lake, each offering fantastic views while you enjoy a meal or a cup of coffee
• If you're feeling adventurous, we recommend a visit to Chureito Pagoda
• Enjoy a day at leisure in Nagano, home of one of the famous Zenkoji temple
• Stop by the Togakushi Ninpo Museum to enjoy some history on ninjitsu
• Take a day trip hike through the Kamikochi forest area
• Visit Matsumoto to learn about the history of Japanese samurai
• Travel to Jigokudani, located in Nagano prefecture
• Visit Jigokudani Monkey Park, home of snow monkey!
• Admire the monkeys bathing in hot spring
• Go for a relaxing soak at an Onsen, along the Yokoyu river
• Kanazawa is the home of the arts and historic culture
• Visit the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art
• Join a gold leaf workshops and learn how to masterfully decorate a variety of items
• Go for a stroll in the Kenrokuen garden, one of the most beautiful gardens in Japan
• Visit Shirakawago, a UNESCO World Heritage site
• Marvel at a splendid mix of winter illuminations and tradition
• Rest up before a big day tomorrow
• From Tokyo, continue by express to Kanazawa - a charming city on the west coast of Japan
• Explore a tea districts that has existed since the feudal period!
• Hike along the Teramachi Temple Trail admiring stunning architecture along the way
• At the appropriate time transfer to Tokyo airport
• Thank you for joining us in Japan and we hope to see you again soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
Price Per Child
Between 2 and 12 Years
|All year round||$1,730||$730|