If you want to visit both must-see locations and hidden gems in Japan, this is the itinerary for you and your family! Together you will explore the most famous sites of the capital, such as the Shibuya region, the fashionable districts of Harajuku and Omotesando the and a visit to the beautiful TeamLab Museum. You will experience an authentic tea ceremony performed by a tea master in Kyoto, watch the volcanos in Owakudani and the hot springs and national park in the Hakone district. Of course, this trip also includes a visit to Fushimi Inari Shrine, the place with 10,000 red gates and popularized by the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. This and much more are waiting for you in Japan!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to Japan; the land of the rising sun!
• Transfer from the airport to your accommodation!
• Spend the day exploring your surroundings and taking in the new sights.
• In the evening stop by Shinjuku for an exciting show at the famous Robot Restaurant!
• Today you will explore the Shibuya regionin Tokyo, via public transportation.
• We recommend going to Meiji Jingu Shrine first, to visit one of Japan's Top 3 shrines.
• Then, it's on to the fashionable districts of Harajuku and Omotesando. Meet your guide in Harajuku for a tour through Japan's trendiest streets.
• Then n the evening head to Shibuya to see the famous Shibuya Crossing in action. Be sure to stop for a picture!
• Enjoy a walk along the promenade and try to spot the Japanese statue of Liberty and the impressive Gundam Statue.
• Ride the Palette Town Ferry Wheels, and if you're lucky, you may see Mt Fuji on a clear day.
• For those who want to experience new sensations, the TeamLab Museum is also worth a visit as well as the Miraikan, the National Museum of Science.
• At night, enjoy the view of the wonderful Rainbow Bridge and have dinner with a lovely view.
• From Shinjuku, head to Hakone, a region known for its hot springs and its huge national park.
• Take the cable car to Owakudani, a volcanic valley with many hot springs, and also famous for its black eggs boiled in volcanic water.
• Afterward, continue to Lake Ashi. From here, you can cross the lake on a pirate ship and, with a little luck, you can see Mount Fuji.
• Right next to the dock is the Hakone shrine, which is picturesquely situated in the woods and is definitely worth a visit.
• In the morning, transfer to the beautiful city of Kyoto, a former capital of Japan.
• Explore the ancient streets and immerse yourself in Japanese traditions.
• Visit the Nishiki Market to try some local Kyoto foods.
• Enjoy a tea ceremony by a master ceremonialist, or walk the "Philosopher's Path" all the way to the mesmerizing Kyomizudera- Temple.
• After breakfast, your guide will meet you at your hotel, then proceed to bring you on a tour around Eastern Kyoto!
• Start with the Fushimi Inari Shrine, the place with 10,000 red gates and popularized by the movie Memoirs of a Geisha.
• After that, head to the Nishiki Market for a taste of Kyoto's soul foods.
• Then, go to Nijo Castle for a bit of history about this former capital of Japan.
• Tonight, we recommend trying out a traditional Japanese tea ceremony performed by a tea master!
• Take the train out from Kyoto and enjoy some exploring the liveliest city in the Kansai area; Osaka!
• Start your day by heading towards Osaka castle for a great photo opportunity.
• Go up to the Umeda Sky-building for a panoramic view of Osaka and be sure to try some okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake) in Dotonbori.
• Explore the beautiful city of Nara and Uji on a day trip from Kyoto.
• Taking the train from Kyoto Station, you will visit Todaiji Temple, Isuien (a beautiful Japanese gardenscape), and get to feed the free-roaming deer at Nara Park.
• Then, head to Uji, one of Japan’s most famous green tea towns. Uji produces some of the best green tea products in Japan.
Departure day is finally here...
• It's time to say your goodbyes to Japan and head for the airport.
Goodbye, we hope to see you again soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.