If you want to visit both must-see locations and hidden gems, this is the tour for you. Start your journey from Tokyo and visit 8 different cities and an island! Meet Katana artisans in Seki, experience zen meditation in a temple, try cutting bamboos with a real sword with Sensei, and discover how the Samurai culture and Zen art are related. Bike around Naoshima island and discover lots of unique architecture, sculptures and paintings. The island is called "Art island": perhaps you will find your new favorite artist?See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The journey begins...
• Check-in to your hotel upon arrival in Tokyo!
• Relax for a bit before heading to the interesting Samurai museum in Shinjuku.
• Enjoy some local gastronomy in the evening, and taste the hotpot dish Shabushabu!
• The dish contains thinly sliced meet and vegetables, served with a special dipping sauce.
• Head to the Hamarikyu Garden with the local train, from where you will take a cruise!
• Arrive in Asakusa, where the Senso-ji Temple is located- it is the oldest temple in Tokyo!
• Visit Akihabara, Harajuku and Shibuya after lunch.
• These towns are the centers of the Otaku and Kawaii culture.
A pearl of Japan...
• Hop on the bullet train to Inuyama!• Join the tour through the gorgeous streets to the Inuyama Castle.• This castle on one of Japan's five national treasures!
The history of Katana and its sword smiths!
•Transfer to Sekizenkoji Temple by car, where you can practice Zen meditation!
• Be sure to try the art of Laido: how to wield and cut with a real Katana sword.
• Meet the acclaimed sword blacksmiths at Fujiwara Kanefusa after lunch!
• Visit their workplace and try forging the iron....
A beautiful hike in incredible scenery
• Start with a hike around the mountain of Seki!
• See the 500-year pine trees and a beautiful, picturesque pond with turquoise water.
• See the Shrine of Katana and the local museum after lunch.
• You will also have time to do some souvenir shopping.
• Take a day trip to beautiful Takayama in the mountains of Hida!
• The town is preserved amazingly well.
• Stroll the streets, visit museums and the local Sake brewery!
Soaring bamboos and traditional culture
• Transfer early in the morning to Kyoto!
• Visit the beautiful Kiyomizy Temple, the Golden Temple and the Fushimi Inari shrine.
• Walk in the magnificent, soaring Bamboo forest.
• Try some of the traditional wear, like the Kimono!
• In the evening you will have the opportunity to eat with a Geisha!
A day, just for you!
• Enjoy a slow breakfast before heading out in Kyoto.
• Discover the city at your own pace: this is a day of free time!
A cultural city break...
• Today, head to Naoshima Island, famous for its modern art, architecture and sculptures!
• Enjoy the atmosphere, sandy beaches and sunny weather.
• The laid back, rural feel makes a relaxing getaway from Japan's large urban areas.
• Bike around the island and find unique architecture, sculptures and museums!
An emotional visit
• Take the local train from Hiroshima station and visit Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
• The park is located in central Hiroshima, and we recommend that you to prepare for an emotional visit.
• Take a boat to the island Miyajima in the afternoon, to see the Itsukushima shrine.
• Itsukushima means 'island of worship': in ancient times, the island itself was worshipped as a god.
• It is known worldwide for its iconic "floating" torii gate!
• Visit the Himeji Castle: said to be the most beautiful in Japan!
• It is both a national treasure and a world heritage site.
• Continue to Osaka, and enjoy their local cuisine like Okonomiyaki, Kushiyaki and Takoyaki!
• Head to the Kuromon market and shop like the locals do.
• After a walking tour in the market, you can join a Osaka street food cooking class!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax||Single Supplement||Children (3-12 years)|
|Price per person in double room from January to February||$3,610||$3,440||$600||$1,810|
|Price per person in double room from June to December||$3,880||$3,790||$650||$1,940|
|Price per person in double room from March to October||$4,150||$4,070||$700||$2,070|