The only thing better than attending an authentic Japanese village festival is actively joining in the dancing, songs and celebrations with the locals, and that’s what our lucky participants will do! Each traveler will become a Matsuri-festival performer in the annual Grand Festival of Sawara, a UNESCO-recognized intangible cultural assets of Japan. The festival is going to be a blast but so is exploring narrow lanes of Tokyo during a nighttime food tour, participating in a bizarre dining experience at a ninja restaurant, a boat excursion and cycling!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Kick off the festivities with a guided tour through Omoide Yokocho
• Salivate at dozens of tiny restaurants and bars in the narrow landmark street
• Visit several local restaurants to taste Japanese cuisine
• Begin the day by exploring the Yanesen area
• Get your caffeine fix at a 100 year old cafe
• Stroll through the quiet and calm Yanaka cemetery and the old market street
• Depart Tokyo for Sawara, an old wealthy merchant town is in Eastern Chiba Prefecture
• Embark on a river cruise to enter the town
• Walking tour in the old Edo style town
• Cycle through paddy fields, on the bridge over Kitaura lake to one of the oldest shrines, Kashima
• Participate in a dance lesson led by locals!
• Learn old festival songs and dances while socializing with the local people
• Practice handling one of the great festival carts for the Grand Matsuri event
• Make a Japanese bandana for your festival uniform
• Today you will have a chance to participate in the Grand Festival of Sawara!
• Traditional songs and dances will be performed with the help of our participants
• Local cultural masters will guide you in steering one of the great floats
• Join the festival until lunch time and leave for Tokyo
• Take part in a bizarre dining experience in a ninja restaurant!
• Until the time of your flight, enjoy shopping in Tokyo
• Our tour guide will be happy to provide you with recommendations to best suit your interests
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||4 Pax||Single Supplement|
|Price per person in High Season||$2,190||$2,010|