Italy boasts a wealth of postcard-perfect coastal towns with breathtaking ocean views. The towns are easy on the eye from sea-level too, featuring rows of colorful homes that blanket dramatic cliff faces. Visit two of the most incredible coastal areas of Italy: the Amalfi and the Cinque Terre, dipping into Tuscany for a visit of Florence in between.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
A city frozen in time.
• Your private driver will meet you at Rome Airport and take you to Sorrento.
• Pause along the way in Pompeii for a guided half-day visit of the archeological park, including stops to iconic Roman houses like Fauno’s house, Lupanare and Orto dei fuggiaschi.
The city of Roman myths.
• Head out on foot this morning for a tour of Sorrento, visiting sites such as Tasso Square, the Bell Tower and the Cloister of Saint Francis.
• Make a stop at the Sorrento Belvedere Hotel to enjoy the view of the Bay of Naples.
• Partake in a Limoncello tasting with a local producer to cap off your day.
A rounded look at the region.
• Embark on a full-day tour of the Amalfi Coast, starting with a guided walk through Positano and a stop at the Belvedere of Madonnina.
• Onward to the town of Amalfi to marvel at the Norman Cathedral of Saint-Andrew.
• Explore Ravello, famous for the writers & artists who once lived here, like Virginia Woolf and Richard Wagner.
Iconic Italian elegance.
• Take a day cruise to Capri, departing from Sorrento by hydrofoil.
• Visit Marina Grande, the island’s harbor, Anacapri and the town center.
• Marvel at the view from the Phoenician stairs.
• Return to the harbor by funicular, with more spectacular views guaranteed!
The Renaissance city
• Head to Florence by private vehicle and, upon arrival, head out on a guided walking tour.
• Visit the Duomo, Brunelleschi’s Dome, the Gates of Paradise, the Giotto Bell Tower and the courtyard of the Uffizi Gallery.
• Spend the evening at leisure to relax and enjoy dinner at one of the city's incredible restaurants.
Back to the sea!
• Depart this morning for the Cinque Terre by private vehicle.
• Stop in Pisa along the way for a guided visit of its main sites, like Piazza dei Miracoli, the Leaning Tower, the Baptistery and the Cathedral.
• Continue to your hotel in Levanto in time for dinner on your own.
Check out all five villages in one day.
• Your first stop is Manarola, where you'll visit the Church of San Lorenzo and spot waterfalls and terraced vineyards.
• The next village is Corniglia, followed by Riomaggiore for a walk along via dell’Amore.
• Continue to Monterosso before wrapping up in Vernazza to visit the amazing Church of Santa Margherita d'Antiochia.
• Return to your hotel by boat, admiring the five villages from the sea.
Charming seaside towns.
• Begin your day with a saunter past elegant 18thC and 19thC architecture overlooking the sea.
• Visit of the Medieval town center to check out sites like the Loggia, Ospitalia del Mare and Church of Sant’Andrea.
• Optional activities for today include a tasting lunch with local wine and a bike rental to pedal along the coast.
Cruising the Palmaria Island archipelago.
• Take a guided tour of Portovenere village and visit the churches of San Pietro and San Lorenzo.
• Delight your palette with an olive oil and pesto tasting at local specialty shops.
• Head out on a boat tour of the Palmaria Islands, Tino and Tinetto, on the way back to your hotel.
The Eternal City
• Depart the Cinque Terre for Rome early this morning.
• Take an evening walking tour of Rome at night, avoiding the crowds.
• Optional activities include a multimedia show to learn about Rome's history and dinner on a rooftop terrace in the city center.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$2,500|