Dive into an experience you will never forget! In Venice, you will walk, eat and drink like the locals do. Sail in the Gulf of Poets and explore the stunning Cinque Terre. Admire the atmosphere of the Renaissance in Florence and enjoy a full day in the Tuscan countryside to taste some of the best wines in the world. Top it all off with an dolce vita Indulgence in the legendary city of Rome. A small group of travelers and a professional tour director, soon to be your local friend, will show you the secrets of his home country few travelers get to witness. We can't think of a better way to discover the Wonders of Northern Italy.See more
Benvenuto in Italia!
• Starting from Venice is like jumping into a dream of charming alleyways, canals, good food & wine
• Meet your tour director and fellow travelers at 6:00 pm (a note will be waiting for you at the hotel with directions
• Then, the group will enjoy a special welcome dinner at a local restaurant
• After a good breakfast and 'cup of joe', set out to explore Venice
• Head to Rialto market and embark on a “Like a Local” walk
• Mingle with locals, hear curious stories and see the authentic side of this fascinating city
• Later, choose to relax or take a gondola ride, or visit the islands of Murano and Burano (optional)
• Don't miss the chance to try ombra (local wine) or cicchetti (small bites)
Please note: the afternoon and evening are “free time”. In the evening, you might like to join your tour director as he visits some of the best local bacari (inns) in the city. And by “some” we mean more than one! It’s possible to check out several bacari in an evening, enjoying great drinks and delicious small bites in each. This is a very fun way to spend an evening in Venice
• Hop on a high-speed train to reach Cinque Terre (5h30, including a lunch stop and a quick train change)
• After check-in at our hotel, explore Portovenere and the Gulf of Poets
• Captain Mario will welcome us aboard his boat, offer us a welcome drink, and then show us the wonders of Palmaria Island
• The best part? Go for a dip in a bay that’s only accessible by boat
• Enjoy refreshments like local anchovies, pesto and focaccia and an aperitif as we toast the sunset together
Please note: In the event that bad weather forces the cancellation of our boat tour, this activity will be replaced with an equally fun indoor activity of the same value. Further, depending on seasonality and on our group size, the boat tour may be shared with another small group. Finally, depending on conditions, the boat size and style may change. That said comfort and safety are always key so we promise that you’ll have a great time!
• Explore five stunning fishing villages suspended between the sea and mountains, surrounded by vineyards, olives trees and colorful houses
• This UNESCO World Heritage site is also only accessible by foot or by train!
• Finish with a refreshing swim in the aquamarine sea
• If you don’t feel like walking, don’t worry: the railway links each of these villages and in less than 5-minutes you can go from one village to the next (train pass included)
Please note: The Cinque Terre paths are narrow mountain trails steep in several parts. Hiking boots are recommended, but a good pair of runners will be fine too. In case of bad weather some of the trails can close
• Riomaggiore – Manarola (Via dell’Amore): Easy 30-minute walk on a flat trail
• Manarola – Corniglia: 1-hour walk on a flat trail
• Corniglia – Vernazza: 1.5-hour walk with some steep sections; moderate difficulty
• Vernazza – Monterosso: 2.5-hour walk with some steep sections; moderate difficulty (most challenging, most spectacular view)
• Stop in Pisa to admire the Leaning Tower and the marble wonders of Piazza dei Miracoli (1h)
• Continue to Florence (1h) where, after check-in, we will take an exciting “Like a Local” walk
• Experience the beauty of the Renaissance and the art of great artists like Michelangelo
• Browse elegant shops and discover one of the richest Italian culinary traditions
• Discover a secret corridor suspended between the street and the sky, walk in an open-air museum and eat in a lively street market that offers gourmet food until late night!
Please note: entry/climb of the Leaning Tower is not included in the tour (tickets are 18 euros)
• Today, Florence is yours! Enjoy a free day at your own pace. Here are some suggestions:
• Consider strolling elegant alleyways, exploring the Oltrarno neighborhood, or shopping
• Art lovers shouldn't miss the Uffizi Gallery, one of the most important museums in the world
• If sculpture is your thing, explore the Galleria dell’Accademia to see the majestic David of Michelangelo
• Be breathless in front of the overwhelming beauty of the Santa Maria del Fiore marble façade
• Foodie alert. Artisan gelato shops, wine, pecorino cheese, finocchiona salami and the savoury Tuscan ham await!
• Visit in local inns to indulge in real pappa al pomodoro (soup made with basil, tomato, garlic and extra-virgin olive oil) or the fiorentina - the typical 1kg Florentine steak!
Please note: If you want to visit the Uffizi Gallery or the Galleria dell’Accademia (David of Michelangelo), it is very important to reserve in advance in order to avoid long queues. Ask your tour director on Day 1 to assist you in making these reservations or read the section “Booking Museum Visits” in the Trip Notes of this tour
• Hop on a local bus to go to the heart of the Tuscany countryside: the Chianti region
• Visit a local wine producer, hear a great story and walk through the cellar
• Taste some of the best wine in Tuscany, in one of the most incredible landscapes in the world!
• Return to Florence in the late afternoon
• Board a high-speed train connecting Florence to Rome (1h30)
• Upon arrival, go for a “Like a Local” walk of Rome
• Admire the wonderful baroque palaces by Bernini and Borromini
• See the famous Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Colosseum
• Discover hidden wonders such as a 250-year-old café, artisan gelato shops and fascinating squares
• Enjoy an afternoon and evening at your leisure
• Enjoy a free dayfor exploring Rome at your own pace
• You might choose to visit the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel, the Borghese Gallery, ruins of ancient Rome or the Colosseum
• Lose yourself in the fascinating Roman neighborhood of Monti, Trastevere and Aventino
• Tonight, it's time for our Farewell Dinner! Gather at a local restaurant to enjoy an exquisite Roman meal
Please note: If you would like to visit the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel, or the Colosseum, it is very important to reserve in advance in order to avoid long queues. Ask your tour director on Day 1 to assist you in making these reservations or read the section “Booking Museum Visits” in the Trip Notes of this tour
• We hope you had the time of your life!
• Head to the airport for your flight home (or your next destination!) Or, stay forever
Please note: There are no activities planned for today. If you need help in organizing your airport transfer or purchasing train tickets, just ask. Your tour director will be happy to help you in making these arrangements. Note: If possible, plan for and purchase transportation to the airport a few days in advance – organizing same-day travel can be difficult
Please feel free to extend your trip by asking your local agent to add extra days either before or after the group tour.
Price per person, based on occupancy of one double room. Excluding international flights.
|Departure date of group tour||From|
|From 09/04/2020 to 09/13/2020||$2,330|
|From 10/02/2020 to 10/11/2020||$2,330|