Feel the spirituality, taste the flavors, and witness the incredible culture of Southern India during 10 days! This tour is packed with everything from local culture and history, to natural wonders and gorgeous cuisine. You will visit ancient temples from the 7th century in Mahabalipuram, learn how to cook with traditional spices in Kumarakom, discover the local island life in Alleppey, explore the grandarchitecture in Kochi and so much more. This trip will leave you with both unforgettable memories and flavors...See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Time for time travel...
• Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to the hotel.
• Check-in, then start exploring this beautiful city on you own!
• There are multiple temples and ancient culture sights to see.
• Enjoy a delicious dinner before tucking in for the night.
Meals included: dinner.
• After breakfast, head out for a city walk of Mamallapuram!
• This 7th Century town has the oldest existing remains of the Dravidian architecture.
• For lunch, you will be served in a traditional manner: on banana leafs!
• Especially in South India, eating food on banana leaf is considered healthy because of their nutrients.
•In the afternoon, you will have leisure time to discover the city on your own.
Meals included: breakfast and lunch.
But first, some exercise for the soul!
• Spend the morning waking up your mind and body during a yoga session!
• Continue to Pindicherry, a beautiful town with an interesting architecture on the Bengal Bay.
• Experience the spirituality, culture and history of the city on a heritage walk!
• After lunch, head to the gorgeous temple town Kumbakonam and check-in for the night.
Meals Included: Breakfast and dinner.
And the home to the famous Chettinadu cuisine!
• After breakfast, depart to Karaikudi via Tanjore to visit the UNESCO Brihadesvara temple.
• Next stop is Karaikudi, a city of elegant mansions, gorgeous local architecture, art...
• After a delicious Chettinadu lunch you are proceeding to Madurai.
• This vast, pulsating city, one of the oldest cities in South India, dating back 2500 years!
• Wander through the streets filled with pilgrims, cows, open-air kitchens and colorful bazaars!
Meals Included: breakfast and lunch.
• After breakfast, wander around the tailors markets and bazaars.
• Visit the Sri Meenakshi Temple: still active, this ancient temple is a maze of lamp-lit corridors.
• The temple has four towers each intricately decorated with thousands of colored figures.
• Next is the Thirumalai Nayak Palace, an example of architectural grandeur!
• Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the winding lanes for a medieval market experience!
Meals Included: Breakfast.
Gorgeous smells all around...
• Head to to Periyar/Thekkady, home to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary.
• Continue in the afternoon to a spice plantation tour with a naturalist guide!
• You will not only the smell the aroma of spices like cinnamon, cardamom, pepper and nutmeg...
• ... But also discover how they are grown, harvested and processed!
• In the evening, see an epic Kathakali performance, traditional Keralean dance!
Meals included: breakfast and dinner.
A tranquil paradise!
• Have a morning cruise on the lake in the wild life sanctuary, and keep a lookout for animals!
• After breakfast, head to the village Kumarakom: a cluster of little islands in gorgeous nature!
• Learn to cook local cuisine in the evening during a cookingclass!
• The host will show you the secrets of traditional Kerala cooking, and the usage of spices!
Meals included: Breakfast and Dinner.
• Enjoy a slow morning, then drive to to Alleppey to board a houseboat.
• Pass coconut groves, a green patch of rice paddies and isolated villages...
• ... where daily life is dominated by the rhythm of the waters!
• It is a unique experience, and offer an insight to the vibrant, local life on the islands.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Today, we drive to Kochi: see the Portuguese, Dutch and British influences in the architecture of this cosmopolitan city!
• After lunch, proceed for guided tour of Fort Kochi Complex.
• Visit the Pardesi Synagogue, St Francis Church, the oldest European church in India, and the highly decorated Santa Cruz Basilica.
• Stroll the colorful spice markets, then head to the Chinese nets that line the shore.
Synagogue is closed on Friday & SaturdayMeals included: Breakfast and dinner.
We hope you have enjoyed your stay!
• Transfer to the Cochin international airport in time for your flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay in colorful India, and wish to see you back soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per Person||2 Pax||4 Pax|