If solo travel isn't your cup of tea, find safety in numbers during this small group, 8 day active highlands adventure. This perfect blend of group activities and free timeto explore at your own pace will allow you to share your joy for discovering unique destinations with other like minded travelers while providing enough freedom to change pace when you want. The highlight studded itinerary will take you across the country from the buzzing Reykjavik, through the legendary Golden Circle and dramatic landscapes of Lake Mývatn region. While natural wonders are the stars of this itinerary, you'll do more than just watch the landscapes passing by. Better bring a good pair of hiking shoes, you'll need them!See more
Arrival at Keflavík International Airport...
• Transfer by bus to your hotel in Reykjavik
• Arrive at your hotel in Reykjavik
• In the afternoon, explore the vibrant city on your own
• Stroll down Laugavegur street, take in the views from the Hallgrimskirkja church
• Later, enjoy a meal out at one of the many excellent restaurants of the city
Make your day more special with some of thee optional activities..
• Soak at the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa
• Guided food walk in the city centre
• Whale watching and puffing spotting tour from Reykjavik harbor aboard a luxury yacht
• Guided tour of Raufarholshellir lava tunnel
Icelandic highlands group adventure...
• With your guide and group you will head first to Thingvellir national park, where Viking chieftains of Iceland forged a first democracy around year 900
• Continue to the Geysir geothermal area in Haukadalur valley
• Observe the spectacular Strokkur geyser eruption shooting a tower of water 20 meters high!
• Discover the Gullfoss waterfall and a geothermal pool located in the small village of Flúðir
• Spend the rest of the day exploring the colorful mountains and steamy hot springs of Kerlingarfjöll
• Go for a hike in the area and take a dip in the natural hotpot near Kerlingarfjöll Mountain Resort
• Set off on a hike in the Kerlingarfjoll region
• Stop at Hveravellir to bathe in the unique geothermal pool
• Continue North across a lunar landscape and black sand deserts
• Arrive and overnight in Akureyri
• This day is devoted to the volcanic Lake Myvatn region
• Walk beside the lake to see the "pseudo-craters" in Skutustadir
• Marvel at the Viti crater with its azure-colored lake
• Explore the Leirhnjukur lava field and the geothermal site Namaskard with bubbling hot springs and mud pools
A long but exceptional day...
• Today you will drive across Iceland from North to South!
• Pass by the Aldeyjarfoss waterfall
• Observe the Hofsjökull glacier and the Vatnajökull glacial tongues
• Ovenight in the region of Hrauneyjar
• Continue your immersion into Fjallabak Nature Reserve
• The majestic multi-colored rhyolite and obsidian mountains together with numerous lakes and lava flows create a true wonderland
• Visit the Ljótipollur crater, Frostastaðavatn lake and the hiking center in Landmannalaugar
• Hike to the top of Bláhnúkur crater is worth doing!
• Or, hike the stunning Eldfjá canyon
• Head West to your hotel near Vík
• Begin with the black sand beach of Reynisfjara
• Next up, Dyrholaey island. Here you can enjoy stunning views along the whole south coast
• Proceed to the beautiful waterfalls of Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss
• Continue inland and towards Thorsmork nature reserve, where volcanoes and towering glaciers rise above the lush green valleys below
• For an easy hike try the Stakkholtsgjá, a 2km long canyon with a beautiful waterfall at the end
• Hit the road and return to Reykjavik
• Today, it ́s time to head to the airport by bus
• Board your onward flight and have a safe onward journey!
Price per person, based on occupancy of one double room. Excluding international flights.
|Departure date of group tour||From|
|From 07/22/2020 to 07/29/2020||$3,260|