Welcome to gorgeous Iceland! On this trip, you will feel the true force of nature. Experience soaring waterfalls, grand glaciers and breathtaking fjords. During these 8 days, you will have the chance to visit Reykjavik, the northernmost Capital of the world, see the famous glacier of Vatnajökull, try local specialties at the farm Friðheima and so much more. Ready for a trip to the island of fire and ice?See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The land of ice and fire
• Hop on the bus transfer at the airport upon arrival.
• Begin to explore the Northernmost capital of the world: Reykjavik!
• Stroll the main street of Laugavegur and take in the views from the Hallgrimskirkja church.
• Enjoy a delicious dinner at one of the local restaurants, before tucking in for the night.
Overnight in ReykjavikOptional activities of the day:
-Afternoon guided food walk in the city centre
-Afternoon whale watching tour from Reykjavik harbour
-Afternoon lava caving excursion
-Admission to the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa
• Meet your guide and group an 9 am, for a tour of the south coast!
• See the black sand deserts, tumbling waterfalls, and glaciers.
• Visit the beautiful waterfall Seljalandsfoos, which you can make a beautiful hike around!
• If conditions are right, you will witness the magnificent Northern Lights in the countryside!
Two nights in Vík
The famous glacier...
• Today, you will head to the National Park of Vatnajökull, named after the massive glacier.
• See one of the Icelandic highlights east of Skaftafell, the glacierlagoon of Jokulsarlon!
• Cross the road from the lagoon to the black sand beach, which is covered in ice-debris.
• The ice covering the black sand truly makes it look like diamonds!
• Explore the area, then head back to your accommodation in Vík.
And some local specialties!
• Today you will visit the Lava center, and learn about the volcano and geology.
• Visit the farm Friðheimar, where tomatoes are grown in geothermal heated greenhouses!
• Here, you will be able to sample their delicious soup and bread.
• Next up is the geothermal fields of Geysir where the active geyser Strokkur is located.
• Finally, visit the magnificent Gullfoss, a massive, two- lever waterfall!
Overnight in the area of Fludir
Explore the incredible Icelandic nature
• Start you day with a walk in the gorgeous national park of Thingvellir.
• See the fjord of Hvalfjordur, and the tallest waterfall of Iceland, Glymur!
• Continue to see the Hraunfossar falls, special in that they come from an underground river!
• When darkness falls, witness the Northern Lights and soak in the hotel´s outdoors hot tubs...
Overnight in Borgarfjordur area
Into the wilderness...
• Get a snapshot of the rugged Icelandic landscape at the Snæfellsnes peninsula!
• See the rugged fjords, high sea-cliffs, glacier, wildlife, and expansive lava fields.
• Enjoy a walk in the village of Arnarstapi, see the nesting seabirds and the Snæfellsjökull glacier!
• Across the peninsula you will find Mt Kirkjufell which makes a gorgeous postcard.
• Traverse the peninsula by the mountain pass, and head back to Reykjavik and your hotel.
The northernmost Capital in the world!
• After some active days on the rode, take your time and enjoy this gorgeous capital!
• Spend a day of leisure in Reykjavik, and explore all this city has to offer.
• Check out the many museums, interesting buildings and just stroll around the town!
• There are also multiple optional activities if you would prefer:
-Guided food walk in the city centre with a local guide that is sure to tease and please your palate
-Whale Watching excursion from Reykjavik harbour
-Half day lava caving tour close to Reykjavik
-Guided history and cultural walking tour of Reykjavik
-Guided bus tour of Reykjavik and capital region
-Helicopter sightseeing tours
-Guided Northern Lights excursion by mini-bus, or superjeep.
Note: Ask your agent for options and prices
Where will you head to next?
• We have now unfortunately reached the end of the journey, and its time to catch your flight.
• Hop on the transfer that will bring you to Keflavik Airport.
• We wish you a safe flight, and hope to see you soon back here in the land of fire and ice!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||Single Supplement|
|Price per person||$2,600||$580|