Discover the Mayan Culture in Guatemala and Honduras! Stroll the cobblestone streets of Antigua; climb up the active volcano Pacaya; enjoy a boat ride on the stunning Atitlan Lake surrounded by three volcanoes and Mayan villages. Explore the Chichicastenango Market, the old Mayan cities of Copan, Quirigua, Yaxha and Tikal before ending on the coast being pampered in a secluded beach lodge.
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Your holiday begins...
• Our driver will welcome you at the airport
and drive you to the colonial town of Antigua
• Explore at your own pace and shop for souvenirs
and local crafts
• You will receive a welcome kit including a road
map, additional information, and a local phone
A day of exploration...
• After breakfast, meet your guide and discover one
of the world’s best conserved colonial cities
• Visit the churches and key buildings which date
back to colonial times
• Go to the market in a Tuc-Tuc to see the
local life and produce
Recently erupting volcano...
• After breakfast, be ready to hike-up the active
volcano of Pacaya
• Pacaya reaches a height 8373 feet and is active
• Recent eruptions were in 2006 - and one which
covered the capital city in ashes in 2010
Sleeping on the shores of Lake Atitlan...
• After breakfast, enjoy a scenic private boat tour
accompanied by your guide
• Visit three Mayan villages: San Juan la Laguna, San
Pedro la Laguna and Santiago Atitlan
• Meet Maximon - a syncretism of Mayan and
Maya Holy Book - Popol Vuh...
• Today you'll be at Chichicastenango entrance gate
to visit the Maya Quiche Region
• Discover the most famous market in Guatemala
and visit Santo Tomas church
• Hike up from a traditional mask factory to the
Pascual Abaj ceremonial centre
Endangered birds rescue centre...
• Head to the small town of Copan in Honduras, a
beautiful place paved with cobblestones
• Head to the vibrant Macaw Mountain Bird Park
and Natural Reserve in Western Honduras
• This centre cares for rescued and endangered
birds of the American tropics
A day of choices...
• Venture to one of the fascinating old cities of the
Mayan world and a Unesco heritage site
• Discover amazing hieroglyphic stairs carved with
glyphs, graphic symbols of the Mayan alphabet
• Optional: Hot spring Luna Jaguar, Horseriding
or Las Sepulturas and El Rastrojon Coffee Tour
Meet some local people...
• Discover the highest stelae (35 feet) of the Mayan
civilization, dating from 771 A.D. in Quirigua
• Continue to Puerto Barrios for a boat ride to
• Livingston is an African-Caribbean town of
Garifuna people, descendants of African slaves
Ocean and palm trees...
• After breakfast, depart by boat to 7 Altares, a fresh
water paradise in the heart of the tropical forest
• Enjoy Playa Blanca, a stretch of white-sand beach
rimmed with palm trees along the Caribbean Sea
• Optional tours: Punta Manabique Boat Tour; or
Cayos Sapodillas, the ideal spot for snorkelling
A highlight of your trip...
• Cruise on the Rio Dulce River and witness flocks of cormorants, white herons and other bird species
• Continue over the Lago de Izabal to the 400-year-old Fort Castillo San Felipe
• Private transfer to the Petén Region, home to the most fascinating old Mayan cities
Off the beaten track...
• Head to the heart of the Jungle in the Mayan City
• Discover a magnificent Mayan site amidst
the sounds of howler and spider monkeys
• Observe an unforgettable sunset from the
summit of the Red Hands Temple
Beautiful sunrises and sunsets...
• Head to Tikal, the most impressive old city of the
• Your guide will take you right through the jungle
to the Temple IV, the highest of Tikal
• Witness the wild experience of the sudden burst
of noise from animals, after the silence of sunrise
A full day of travel...
• Fly to Guatemala City where our driver will take
you towards the village of Sipacate
• A boat ride will take you through the breathtaking National Reserve
• View the protected mangrove forest as you cruise to one of the most charming eco-lodges
Time to indulge...
• Kayak and paddle board across miles of beautiful mangrove filled canals and estuaries, or...
• Surf and boogie board, with lessons offered to
• Surf-fishing, deep-sea fishing (luxury yacht upon
request) and canal fishing all available
• Private transfer to Guatemala City International
Airport for your flight back home
• Be sure to stop for souvenirs and last minute
• Thank you for visiting Guatemala - hasta luego
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person, based on double occupancy|