Discover Guatemala and the Mayan Culture with this unique eight-day tour. Stroll the cobblestone streets of Antigua, the most charming colonial town of Central America; enjoy a boat ride on the stunning Lake Atitlan; experience the Chichicastenango Mayan market then trek deep into the jungle to discover the most fascinating old Mayan cities - Yaxha at sunset and Tikal at sunrise.
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your holiday begins...
• Our driver will welcome you at the airport
and drive you to the colonial town of Antigua
• Explore at your own pace and shop for souvenirs
and local crafts
• You will receive a welcome kit including a road
map, additional information, and a local phone
A day of exploration...
• After breakfast, meet your guide and discover one
of the world’s best conserved colonial cities
• Visit the churches and key buildings which date
back to colonial times
• Go to the market in a Tuc-Tuc to see the
local life and produce
Maya Holy Book - Popol Vuh...
• Today you'll be at Chichicastenango entrance gate
to visit the Maya Quiche Region
• Discover the most famous market in Guatemala
and visit Santo Tomas church
• Hike up from a traditional mask factory to the
Pascual Abaj ceremonial centre
Sleeping on the shores of Lake Atitlan...
• After breakfast, enjoy a scenic private boat tour
accompanied by your guide
• Visit three Mayan villages: San Juan la Laguna, San Pedro la Laguna and Santiago Atitlan
• Meet Maximon - a syncretism of Mayan and
A free morning at leisure...
• Optional activities are available during your free
morning at Lake Atitlan
• In the afternoon, private transfer to Guatemala
• Take an hours flight to the Flores gate of the Petén Region in the North of Guatemala
A highlight of your trip...
• Head to Tikal, the most impressive old city of the Mayan world
• Your guide will take you right through the jungle
to the Temple IV, the highest of Tikal
• Private transfer in the early afternoon to the Rio
Dulce Region for the night
• Private transfer to Guatemala City International
Airport for your flight back home
• Be sure to stop for souvenirs and last minute
• Thank you for visiting Guatemala - hasta luego
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person, based on double occupancy|