We welcome you on a journey celebrating culture past and present focusing on the positive news from this exceptional region of Africa. An educative and enjoyable African Heritage tour showcasing Ghana’s rich and colorful cultural identity that still lives on and plays a vital role in everyday life for its people. A traditional naming ceremony will be arranged for you and your family. You will all receive the actual name you would have been given if born here in Ghana as it is connected to the day of the week you were born on. An emotional journey through the tragic enslaved African trade era, learning firsthand what our ancestors had to endure and following in the footsteps they were forced to make. Welcome!
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to Accra!
• Transfer from the airport to your hotel.
Your first full day in Ghana!
• After breakfast at our hotel, we set off for our tour of Accra, passing through the economic and administrative districts on our way to the National Museum.
• James town is next, we will enjoy a walking tour of this old community taking in some of the historical structures that predate the colonial era.
• We continue to Fort James that gave its name to the Jamestown neighborhood in Accra. These areas give us a perfect picture of old Accra, distinguishing between British Accra and Dutch Accra.
• In the afternoon we pass by Black Star Square which houses the independence monument and continues to Independence Square which is our main ceremony grounds and where we find the enclosed flame of African liberation, which was lit by Kwame Nkrumah himself in 1961.
• After breakfast we will continue with our city tour of Accra, our first visit this morning will be the DuBois Center.
• Who does not like chocolate! Today we will proceed to 57 Chocolate for authentic Ghanaian Chocolate tasting; Ghana is the second highest producer of Cocoa in the world and produces some of the finest cocoa beans.
• Tonight, you have the choice to relax at your accommodation, alternatively, your expert local guide can take you into Accra to enjoy the city at night.
• An early start as we check out of our hotel and set off Northwards towards the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
• Our journey today will take us into the beautiful Akuapem Hills, but before we head out of this bustling city we stop first at TK beads, experts in making beautiful traditional beads using ancient methods.
• Our journey continues, taking us through the beautiful Akuapem range with outstanding views across Accra and Tema in the distance. At the top of the range, we find the Aburi botanical gardens, set in a beautiful location that was founded by the British in 1890.
• A short distance from the gardens we find the relaxed and friendly Aburi craft village, where traditional African drums, sculptures and other crafts have been carved for generations.
• A well-deserved relaxing breakfast this morning after our long journey yesterday. A day of culture and history awaits us as we set off on our city tour of Kumasi heading to the Manhyia Palace, home of the Asantehene King of the Ashanti’s and ruler of the powerful Asanteman Kingdom.
• The Palace Museum offers a fascinating excursion through the history of this powerful tribe and is extremely informative on the well documented Ashanti history and culture.
• We continue to visit the National Cultural Centre. The cultural center is in one of the oldest suburbs of Kumasi near Bantama.
• A morning visit to the last material remains of the great Asante Empire as we visit the traditional Asante buildings that are now recognized as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
• We continue our journey through Ashanti history by visiting the traditional villages of Adanwomasie and Ntonso.
• After lunch, we visit the village of Sokoban Krofrom where traditional brass casting has been the main source of income for the community for generations.
• This morning we take a leisurely breakfast before setting off Southwards to Elmina in the central region of Ghana.
• We stop at Assin Manso, an important town along the enslaved African trade routes. The town surrounds the Ndonkor Nsuo (Enslaved African River).
• After our tour we continue to Cape Coast, we enjoy lunch upon arrival at a local restaurant overlooking the ocean before visiting the nearby Cape Coast castle which has been designated as a world heritage site by UNESCO.
• An early start as we set off for Kakum National Park in the morning, after breakfast and Africa’s world-famous rainforest canopy walkway.
• This is a truly beautiful, tropical guinea rainforest and the canopy walkway is sure to be a highlight of your time in Cape Coast. Over 40 different mammal species have been recorded within the park, which includes forest elephants, leopards, and 6 primate species to mention just a few.
• During our time in Elmina town, we will visit the castle of St. George in Elmina. This is the oldest extant colonial building in sub Saharan Africa dating from 1482.
• A wonderful day lies ahead as we enjoy a relaxing breakfast before setting off to visit one of the schools our company has been able to build through responsibly minded travelers like yourselves booking tours through us.
• Our time here is spent meeting the children and teachers and maybe participating in a class or sporting activity. The school is also located on one of Ghana’s finest beaches and we can enjoy our lunch overlooking the beautiful Gold Coast of Western Africa.• A special time arrives after our lunch as we visit a local village to pay a courtesy call on the chiefs and queen mothers. Traditional drumming and dancing are all around as we get an in-depth feel of traditional village life here in Ghana.
• A wonderful day lies ahead as we enjoy a relaxing breakfast before we will freshen up and re-pack our bags, your local guide will collect them from your room and bring them to our vehicle to load.
• After you've discovered the last moments of Ghana, our team will transfer you to the airport for your departure.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$3,210|