Rtveli is a traditional wine making feast! Almost every family in the Kakheti region, with the help of neighbors and friends, joins the grape harvest and produceswine. This process is accompanied by folk songs and tables full of localdelicacies. During the Rtveli period, there are lots of public events with music, dance and food. The traditions of Rtveli come from ancient times, and this tour will give you extraordinary chance to become a part of this traditional culture, and get to know winemaking traditions in one of the local village in Kakheti region. And be sure – you will taste many kinds of delicious, Georgianwine!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
...or "Hello, Friend!"
• Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by a representative with some Georgian wine!
• Transfer to the hotel and check-in.
• In the evening, you will enjoy an delicious Georgian dinner with dance and music!
• After breakfast, enjoy a excursion in Tbilisi alongside you guide!
• See monuments like Metekhi Church and Vakhtang Gorgasali Monument.
• Hop in the cable car and head to the Narikala Fortress, to see a panorama view of Tbilisi!
• Continue to the Mtatsminda park in the evening for a delicious dinner in the restaurant!
A day filled with local specialties!
• After breakfast journey to discover wine land of Kakheti.
• Visit one of the most famous wine producers “Graneli”, and try many types of wine!
• Head to Telavi, and stop in Vardisubani to visit the a family of “Kvevri-makers": Clay vessels!
• End of the day by visiting the winery “Gemini”, where wine is made in traditional way.
• Enjoy a Georgian “supra”, where you can take part in both bread making and fruit picking.
• Continue your wine discovery: first stop is at Gremi – XVI century’s architectural monument!
• Head to Signaghi, where you will have a delicious meal in a Kakhetian family home.
• You will also have a chance to take part in the harvesting festival Rtveli, and grape harvesting.
• You can also join a cooking class, and learn to make khachapuri (pastry with cheese) and khinkali (Georgian ravioli)!
Discover the cuisine of this ancient country!
• Today, you will head to Armenia, where the first stop is the precious monastic complex Akhtala.
• Head to the complex in Haghpat, famous for its highly artistic frescoes, which cover the inside walls, the partitions, and bearings of the building.
• Continue to Dilijan, a spa town in the Tavush Province of Armenia, to spend the night!
• Here, you will have the chance to join in cooking class to learn traditional dishes!
Today, discover the Armenian Culture!
• Visit the Monastery Sevanavank, the Noratus cemetery and its famous Khatchkars (cross stone).
• The Khachkar is the rock art that is unique only to the Armenian people!
• Visit the Selim Caravanserai, located on one of the ancient Silk roads that passed through Armenia.
• Arrive in Eghegnadzor, where you can enjoy local wine and cheese!
Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
The ancient traditions of wine making...
• Visit the monastic complex of Noravank in the region of VayotsDzor.
• Arrive at the monastery through a spectacular reserve, which inhabits a particular bird fauna and plant species.
• Continue to the Bird Cave of Areni, one of the rarest and best-preserved lateCatholic (Copper Age) monuments in the South Caucasus.
• In the cave, where one of the oldest wine presses was found, you can enjoy a delicious lunch.
• Enjoy a dinner at a traditional restaurant with folk music and dances.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||4 Pax||Supplement single Accomodation|
|Price per person||$1,870||$1,290||$290|