Discover the heart of Provence! Stroll through markets, visit vineyards, and see its most famous sites. You’ll spend your evenings in luxury accommodation in the charming cities of Avignon and Aix-en-Provence. Go on a gourmet walking tour of Avignon and visit the Palais des Papes, the center of the Catholic world under 7 popes in the 14th century. Visit a traditional market and prepare a traditionalProvençal meal with a cooking instructor and guide. Day tours will take you to see the Romanruins in Arles and Orange, the vineyards in Châteauneuf-du-Pape and Côtes de Provence Sainte-Victoire wine regions, and the famous villages Les Baux-de-Provence, Bonnieux, Roussillon, and Gordes.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Bonjour, et Bienvenue!
• A chauffeur will meet you for a private transfer between the airport and your lodging.
• Over night and breakfast in superior room in a charming Avignon hotel.
Included: transfer arrival , bedroom and breakfast.
Discover a part of the French kitchen
• On this foodie tour, you will be taken to where the locals go for their shopping...
•... from the oldest bakery in town to the best artisan chocolate maker.
• Wash everything down with a glass of Châteauneuf du Pape, the region’s most prestigious wine!
- Includes 10 produce tastings, olive oil, and one wine tasting.
- Does not include: Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Duration: approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes in groups up to 8 people.
Suggestion: visit Avignon, "la cité des Papes"
• Stroll the boutique-lined streets and leafy squares.
• Dine in excellent restaurants and see the impressive medieval wall that entirely encircles the old city.
• Smell the Papalines d’Avignon, chocolate specialties made with aromatic oregano liqueur from Mont Ventoux.
• Taste the famous asparagus celebrated in Avignon; nearly every menu in town lists it!
Night and breakfast in a superior room in a charming Avignon hotel.
Included: guide, bedroom and breakfast.
• Drive the vineyards between Orange and Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
• Have a wine-tasting in a local cellar and learn the history of this famous winery: You will find a wide range of wines and Provençal specialties.
• Stop at the Val d’Enfer lookout for a view over Les Baux de Provence, officially classified as "one of the most beautiful villages in France".
• Visit the village by foot, admire the ancient houses, beautiful Renaissance façades and several magnificent "hôtels particuliers".
• Visit to the Carrières de Lumières, a sound and light show (ticket included) of famous paintings projected on the walls.
• End with a walking tour of Arles, and discover its Roman heritage!
Pick-up and drop-off from Avignon. Lunch at own expense. Duration: 9 hours.
Included: chauffeur/guide , entrance fees, transportation, bedroom and breakfast.
Locals like nowhere else...
• Mylène and Arthur, your local guides, will share their knowledge, and you will discover this city steeped in history!
• See the architecture, the famous Cours Mirabeau lined with plane trees and the charming squares decorated with fountains.
• Listen to the stories of famous locals like King René, Mirabeau, Paul Cezanne, and Emile Zola.
• Taste the local specialty 'Calisson', cooked for the first time on the wedding day of King René!
• Have a fresh drink at "Les Deux Garçons", the oldest café of Aix-en-Provence, often frequented by the famous painter Paul Cézanne.
Duration: approximately 2 hours.
Included: transportation , excursion , guide , bedroom and breakfast.
• Meet Gilles in Aix-en-Provence, spend the day with him strolling through the market!
• Choose seasonal products, visit a local winery to choose your wine, and stop by a goatcheese producer to pick your cheese.
• Once you have all the ingredients, Gilles will welcome you in his countryside home for a cooking class!
• Finally, lunch time! Eat all together, outside in the garden if weather conditions permit, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
• Afternoon walk in Gilles' garden and collect aromatic herbs...
• ...or, on your way back, stop at the Sainte-Victoire for a short walk and visit the field where Cezanne used to paint his favorite landscape.
The tour does not include hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Duration: 6 hours.
Included: lunch , excursion , guide , bedroom and breakfast.
The AOC Wine, "Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée"
• This morning, journey to the nearby Sainte-Victoire Mountain.
• Enjoy wine-tasting sessions in two wineries producing this AOC wine.
• Drive through the Luberon Natural Regional Parc, an off-the-beaten-track area.
• The villages of the Luberon are some of Provence's most charming, unspoiled tourist destinations.
• Visit the colorful hilltop village of Bonnieux and the picturesque Combe de Lourmarin.
• In the charming village of Lourmarin, famous for its Renaissance castle, you will have free time: continue to the villages of Gordes and Roussillon!
Duration: 9 h
Included: chauffeur/guide , transportation , bedroom and breakfast
some unforgettable memories...
• A chauffeur will meet you for a private transfer between to the airport.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and wish to see you back soon!
• Au Revoir et Bon Voyage!
Included: transfer departure.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax|
|Price per person||$3,110||$2,500|