8 days to familiarize with the hip Finnish capital, drive across the scenic countryside, and enjoy the serenity of a family-owned seaside retreat. Finland is green, progressive and currently ranked as the happiest country in the world, according to the World Happiness Report. The Finnish capital, Helsinki, is a great travel destination for those who want to sample some of that happiness, or "onnellisuus" - happiness in Finish.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Finland!
• Upon arrival you will transfer to your hotel for check-in.
• In the late afternoon, check out the area around the iconic Senate Square, visit the free of charge Helsinki City Museum to learn about its urban development, and enjoy coffee and chocolate at the legendary Fazer Cafe.
• For dinner, try a restaurant that specializes in traditional Lapland area cooking, and visit a small rooftop bar for a drink!
• This morning, enjoy a traditional Finnish breakfast and join the Panoramic Bus Sightseeing Tour, taking you to the most interesting parts of Helsinki.
• Visit the iconic Rock Church, built directly into solid bedrock. Enjoy a stroll along the Esplanade Boulevard, checking out local storefronts and sampling the typical salmon soup for lunch.
• In the afternoon, skip the line with your ticket to the iconic heated seawater pool (indoor and outdoor), while gazing at the city’s skyline. It’s a great opportunity to try the traditional Finnish sauna!
• If time permits, take a boat to Suomenlinna-Sveaborg fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the nearby archipelago.
When in Finland, be a Finn! Local dinner tonight.
• Enjoy a full day of local experiences with our friendly Helsinki insider to learn about Finnish architecture and design (think of Alvar Aalto, Iittala, Marimekko).
• Tour the Design District with locally-owned art galleries and boutiques, ride a local streetcar, sample a typical fare in a local Food Hall and make new friends!
• In the evening, join a local family in their typical Helsinki apartment for a home-hosted dinner featuring Finnish delicacies!
• After breakfast, pick-up your rental car and begin roadtripping around Southern Finland!
• Enjoy typically Finnish scenery, with lovely lakes, green forests and rugged crags. Take the easy circular hiking trail to pass by the beautiful dry heath forests of Nuuksio.
• In the afternoon, visit Finland’s Southernmost Reindeer Park to meet Finland’s most famous animals, learning about its behavior, petting and feeding them.
• Stay for the night at the family-owned guest house by the water, nestled in a birch tree forest. Enjoy home-made breakfasts and afternoon tea with snacks, complete serenity, and recharge your body and soul during this short getaway in the wilderness! Tonight, enjoy dinner prepared by your hosts.
• Home-made breakfast and a day at leisure to enjoy the pristine nature of the archipelago.
• Perhaps go to Porvoo, the second oldest city in Finland and evidence of its long history can still be seen and felt as you walk its charming streets.
• Another day for a mindful relaxation, or how about a bike ride along the coast? Alternatively, visit a nearby organic farm.
• There is a full day cognitive tour of Organic Farming (minimum 6 people), that includes learning on how organic farming changes lives, as well as a hands-on experience, help with cooking, a locally made lunch and dinner plus snacks, and even a traditional sauna!
• Tove Jansson is arguably Finland’s most famous illustrator, artist and writer of all time. What she loved more than anything was the sea. To get into Tove’s mindset, take a trip to Pellinge islands in Porvoo where the artist spent a great part of her life. Take a cable ferry to Suur-Pellinki (Greater Pellinge), and then drive all the way to Söderby-Boden shop.
• Söderby-Boden is a tiny, old-fashioned, everything-you-could-ever-need kind of shop in the middle of the most picturesque scenery of wooden houses and meadows.
• After breakfast, drive back to Helsinki.
• Transfer to the airport provided by your local agent.
We hope you have enjoyed your stay in beautiful Finland, and wish you a safe trip!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.