What is the difference between Scandinavian and Nordic? Is Finland Scandinavian or Nordic? Actually, it's a little bit of both! But how about you come to visit and have a Finn explain all of their culture, myths and legends and what makes them so unique! Finland was ranked as one of the fastest growing tourism countries, it also boasts some of the worlds happiest, most highly educated and healthiest populations...maybe you want to live here!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Europe's underrated Design Capital
· Explore the metropolis on a guided Design tour of Helsinki, showcasing Food, Fashion, and Architecture
· This afternoon we recommend a self-exploration of the many local markets offering Finnish products, be aware, this is no souvenir shop, we do not mess with that stuff
· Tonight you take on the town with our favorite foods and water holes
Ferry ride across the bay and back to the sauna · Rise and shine! And on to the second day of Helsinki discover, today we take to the water
· Across the bay by ferry lies an impressive fortress, Suomenlinna, built during Finland's era of Swedish rule. Self-Guided options to stroll through the walls or ask for a guide
· Return to Helsinki for a free afternoon followed by a Gastronomy Experience this evening. Whether you are tasting or cooking, you'll leave full!
· As the sun sets on Day 2, we hope to keep your energy up, we have a lot of great night-life recommendations!
· Off the Middle Ages, rivers and forests! Porvoo is Finlands second oldest town, just an hour away by train or car
· Meander the historical streets, pop into a few boutique shops, maybe treat yourself to some strong coffee. Spend the mornin' explorin'
· This afternoon we want off you the option to hike to viewpoints, maybe visit the museums or do some stand-up paddle with the locals on the river.
Todays depend on you and your journey!
· Depending on your time of departure, we are happy to organize an airport transfer
·If you have not had enough of Helsinki and you wish to stay longer, we have a myriad of unique options to fill up more days!
· Helsinki will always be here, see you again soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.