Discover the interesting culture and traditions of the Ancient Tribes in Ethiopia! On this trip, you will visit the farmers and weavers of the Dorze People, previously known as excellent warriors, see the skilled constructions of the Konso People, visit the incredible Mago National Park, cross the Omo River by canoe and much more. This cultural discovery will be an experience unlike any other!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Explore the city on a city tour!
• Transfer to your hotel with a representative upon arrival at Bole International Airport.
• Today, you will have the chance to visit a number of interesting places on a city tour!
• See Mount Entoto, the National Museum or the Institute of Ethiopian Studies to name a few!
The adventure begins!
• Catch a flight to Arbaminch in the afternoon.
• Spend your first day here with the Dorze People!
• Know in history as warriors, the Dorze People are today great farmers and weavers.
• Enjoy a boat cruise during the second day on lake Chamo to see the giant crocodiles and hippos
• Drive to Konso after breakfast, and visit the local museum and the Konso Cheif's Compound!
• Study the Konso People's ingenious terraces and walls that protect their fields and villages.
• Continue to the colorful market of Key Afer, frequented by several tribes of the Omo valley!
• Make the final stop for the day in Jinka.
Time to Konso: Approx. 3.5 h - Market of Key Afer open on Thursdays only.
And one of the most ancient tribes in Africa
• Transfer to Mago National Park, and enjoy the incredible Flora and Fauna on the way!
• Visit the Mursi Tribe, one of the most ancient tribes in Africa, and their villages.
• Enjoy a lunch before traveling to Turmi!
• Here, you will meet the fascinating Hamer tribe.
• Turmi will be the base to explore the Southern Tribes of the Omo Valley.
Time to Turmi: Approx. 3 h
Experience the local traditions
• Spend another day with the Hamer Tribe, famous for its traditional events.
• Perhaps you will witness a Hamer marriage ceremony or the Bull Jumping ceremony!
• Visit a nearby Hamer village in the afternoon andthe tribe in its daily life.
• With some luck, you will experience the traditional moonshine dance, Evangadi!
• Visit the Dassanech People, known for their decorations and nomadic lifestyle.
• You will also have the chance to cross the Omo River in a wooden canoe!
• Transfer to Konso in the afternoon.
Time to Konso: Approx. 3-4 h
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|3 - 5 pax||6 - 9 pax||10 pax and above|
Price per Person in Double Room