Is there a better way to get to know a country than through its gastronomy? Through this itinerary, we want to show you an important part of our culture: our food. Enjoy the tastes of every region on your journey from north to south! Visit the market, go truffle hunting and make dinner with a local family. This together with an excellent guide who will learn you all about the history of Croatia and its hidden gems. Welcome to Croatia!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Lets dig in...
• Upon arrival at Zagreb airport, our driver will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel.
• Discover Zagreb simply by walking through its bustling downtown streets and compact medieval core.
• Meet your local guide for a private Zagreb street food tasting & sightseeing tour.
• In the afternoon, head out to the Istrian peninsula. It takes approximately 3 hours to reach the most famous hilltop town of Motovun and Grožnjan, an artist’s town.
• A one-hour drive along the scenic road will lead you to the Rovinj town.
• Visit a local family of several generations of truffle hunters. Enjoy a private truffle hunt experience with the help of specially trained dogs.
• Taste homemade truffle produces and try homemade pasta dishes. Enjoy the picturesque scenery over the glass of Istrian wine in a local winery.
• Drive to Žminj village to visit a remarkable dairy farm and taste fabulous sheep, goat’s & cow’s cheese.
• From Rovinj, there is a scenic road along the Adriatic coast to the inland.
• Watch the scenery changes rapidly from a Mediterranean climate and architecture to mountain style huts & farmer's villages.
• Enjoy the exceptional beauty of Plitvice Lakes (UNESCO) cascade into spectacular and waterfalls, and the pure mountain air.
Sunscreen and sunsets today!
• Today, depart Plitvice Lakes for the city of Zadar.
• Make sure to visit the Sea Organ. This is the best place to enjoy a sunset!
• We suggest you visit the Museum of Ancient Glass with an unbelievable collection of artifacts from Greek & Roman times.
• Continue towards Split, with a short stop in Trogir (UNESCO). Here, visit the St. Lawrence Cathedral with a 12th-century doorway.
• Then, short drive to the Dalmatian capital Split, where you will drop off your rental car – we suggest visiting viewpoint at the Marjan hill!
Indulge in fresh fish and local delicacies
• In the morning, meet your local guide for a private foodie city tour of Split.
• Visit the open grocery market, fish market, one of the oldest pubs and taste various courses in several different restaurants.
• In the afternoon we suggest you visit Meštrović gallery in a beautiful palace surrounded by a lush garden.
• With Roman saltpans still being used and oysters farmed in brackish waters of Ston bay, Pelješac peninsula is the destination of dreams for history and gastronomy lovers.
• Taste fresh out of the sea oysters on a boat trip to the oyster farm. Visit several vineyards, all with different approaches to winemaking. Taste their wines and find a perfect match to your own tastes.
• In the late afternoon you will arrive to the most spectacular of Adriatic medieval cities – Dubrovnik.
• Today, our guide will unravel you Dubrovnik’s secrets, talk about people’s daily lives, local customs, and culinary traditions.
• In the afternoon, drive to Konavle region for a cooking class with the local family which will introduce you to the Mediterranean flavors of southern Dalmatia.
• Learn how to prepare homemade food the same way as Croatian ancestors did centuries ago.
• After breakfast, visit the medieval city walls that encircle the historical city, which is a total of 1,5 miles in length.
• Later, our driver will take you to the Dubrovnik airport.
See you soon again in Croatia!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.