● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Upon arrival at the airport, you will be delivered your rental car, where you'll meet with your local host who will welcome you and will give you all the necessary documents for the trip (travel-book, maps, etc.).
• Hit the road toward Chania. Depending on your arrival time, you may have time to explore Chania, the “pearl of Crete”, with its Old Town, the and Venetian harbor.
• Relax at your beautiful hotel and enjoy a bottle of wine and the jacuzzi in your room.
• If you arrive early in Heraklion, you may also have time to make a stop on the way to Chania for a nice swim!
• Depart for the south to the lagoon of Elafonissi and its beautiful coves!
• Before arriving in Elafonissi, we suggest taking a break at the Chrysoskalitissa Monastery.
• Afterwards, you can visit Kedrodasos Beach, by car or on foot, located just a short distance from Elafonissi.
• Explore the hidden corners of Chiana and escape from the busiest parts of the island
• Relax and enjoy the scenery and unspoiled nature and explore archaeological sites and villages of the hinterland of Chania.
• Your local guide will take you to some of the most beautiful and interesting sites in the foothills of the White Mountains, including Lakki, the Omalos plateau
• There's also the possibility for a walk to a viewpoint of the northern Cretan coast, as well as to visit a traditional cheese factory.
• End of the day with a relaxing afternoon on the southern coast on Sougia beach.
• This morning after breakfast, depart for the northwestern part of the island and the lagoon of Balos, one of Greece’s most famous beaches known for its turquoise waters
• Alternative option - you can reach Balos by boat, setting off from Kolymbari, and passing from the beautiful beach of Menies (cost not included)
• On the way back to Kissamos, you can visit the region of Kastanochoria (Chestnut Villages) and enjoy dinner in the village of Milia - we’ll provide you with our top recommendations!
• This morning you’ll drive east towards Elounda, with its rich landscape of natural beauty and cultural monuments, including the Venetian Castle on Spinalonga Island, the ancient city of Olous and the ancient temple of the Goddess of Love, Aphrodite.
• En route to Elounda, you may stop in the region of Archanes for a guided tour and tasting in an olive press and a winery.
• Depending on your free and your interests, you may also visit the archaeological site of Knossos and the Heraklion Archaeological Museum with a certified guide (cost not included).
• Return to Elounda this evening and settle in your luxurious hotel and perhaps a quick dip in the sea.
• Take a walking tour to the Elounda canal. Trace the submerged remains of the ancient city “Olous”, pass through the wetland of the former salt pans and visit the early Christian basilica and the Medieval church of Analipsi.
• With an archaeologist, discover hidden salt marshes, underwater cities and the surroundings of the fortified island of Spinalonga. See its Medieval castle, learn about the Ottoman inhabitants, and discover the hospital and the dormitories of the exiled lepers of the 20thC.
• You’ll have the chance to pause for a swim in the sea throughout the day.
• Experience life with locals in a rural village, getting to know the basic elements of the world-renowned Cretan Diet, while engaging in a hands-on experience with Cretan cooking.
• Start with an olive oil tasting, followed a village walk to collect your ingredients for the cooking class.
• Join two Cretan women for a lively cooking class, preparing local dishes
• Enjoy the fruits of your labor, dining on the meal you prepared along with a sampling of regional cheese.
• For your final day in Crete, take time to relax by the sea and enjoy the amenities of your hotel.
• This morning, take the one-hour drive to Heraklion Airport to drop off your rental car.
• Depending on your departure time, we'll be happy to provide suggestions on how to spend more time in Heraklion, or even extend your trip!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From April to June||$2,100|
|From June to October||$2,300|