Since sustainable development became a priority in Costa Rica - economical dynamism, entrepreneurship, and research & development are utilized to protect the environment. For the traveler, it means preserved jungles, spectacular volcanoes, and wild beaches. Embark on an exploration of the "Pura Vida" lifestyle beginning with a mix of adrenaline pumping activities and nature immersion in La Fortuna & Arenal Volcano National Park. Discover vibrant wildlife, soak in soothing hot springs, go river rafting down the Balsas River, gaze over the tree tops during a canopy walk and explore dense jungles on guided hikes. Finish in Jacó, known for its surf, beaches & nightlife.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Arrival at Juan Santamaria International Airport in San José
• Transfer to La Fortuna (4h) (departures at 7am or 2:15pm)
• Reach the San Carlos Valley and check in at the hotel near the Arenal Volcano
• Set off on a half day rafting excursion on the Balsas river
• Swim in natural pools and take in the sounds of the surrounding tropical forest
• Don't leave without a rich lunch (included) to gain back some energy!
• Later, relax in the thermal center of Baldi Hot springs. Sit down for dinner at the center (included)
Suggestion: combine rafting with an ATV tour, zip-lining or canyoning to make it a full day of fun!
• Transfer by vehicle and then board a boat to cross the lake to Monteverde (3h30) (departures at 8:15am & 2:15pm)
• Once there, transfer to your hotel in Monteverde, a place of cloud forests and coffee plantations, monkeys, mist and friendly locals
• The town of Santa Elena is small and quaint, filled with tasty restaurants and artisan shops
Choose from a variety of optional activities...
• Go for a hike in the reserves of Monteverde and Santa Elena
• Set off on a zip-line excursion & canopy walk over bridges suspended on wires
• Discover the jewels of the rainforest at Selvatura Park
• Visit La Lechería, a cheese factory created in 1953 by Quakers from the United States
• Horse-back riding and canyoning are other great options
• Take a group transfer at 8am to Jaco (3h)
• Spend the rest of the day at leisure
• We suggest some of these optional activities for your free day in Jaco:
• Take some surf lessons or visit Isla Damas by kayak or boat
• Go on a photo safari on the Rio Tarcoles
• Set off on a Tortuga Island excursion
• Visit the Carara National Park
We hope you've enjoyed your trip!
• Group transfer to San José (3h)
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.