Calling all nature & wildlife enthusiasts! Spend 9 glorious days in lush Costa Rican jungles. Set off on bird watching excursions, boat trips, and nature hikes during which you will see unique wildlife, like capuchin monkeys, coatis, morpho butterflies, and sloths! Of course, you will also have time for relaxation on the beaches of Manuel Antonio National Park. Grab your sun screen, pack your hiking shoes and get active!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Let the adventure begin!
• Upon arrival, our representative will greet you at the airport
• You'll also receive a detailed travel kit
• Transfer to your hotel
• Meet your private guide and hit the road towards La Fortuna
• Go for a bird watching experience around the property of Arenal Observatory Lodge
• Set off on a full day guided excursion around Caño Negro, one of the most amazing trips for bird & wildlife viewing
• Learn about Costa Rican agriculture plantations such as yuca, papaya, pineapple, sugar cane and orange
• Embark on a boat trip on Rio Frio. On this 2 ½ hour journey you will see Egrets, Herons, Monkeys, Caimans, Iguanas, bats and a variety of flora
• Hop in a private transfer to the Manuel Antonio area
• Enjoy a free time in the afternoon
• Go for a stroll around your hotel’s private reservation with your guide
• Meet your guide for a private visit to the Manuel Antonio National Park (closed Mondays)
• The park offers easy hiking trails and is a fantastic place to spot wildlife: capuchin monkeys, coatis, morpho butterflies and sloths
• After the visit, you will have time to go swimming and enjoy the beach
• Embark on a boat trip down the Sierpe River passing stunning mangrove wetlands to reach your lodge near Osa peninsula
• Arrive at Aguila de Osa before lunch and spend the rest of the day at leisure
• Set off to Corcovado National Park, the last remaining Pacific rainforest in Central America, often called “the most biologically intense place on earth"
• During the morning hike, your guide will point out many of the diverse species along the trail
• You may see white-faced, spider and howler monkeys, white-lipped peccaries, scarlet macaws, coati and countless other birds and insects
• Take a break for lunch, followed by hike to a beautiful waterfall
• Transfer by boat and by minivan, to the airport for the return flight to San José
• Upon arrival, private transfer to your resort in the Alajuela mountains
• Spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure
• A private transfer will take you to Juan Santamaría International Airport
• Where to next?
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.