Discover the ancient culture of Colombia! On this 8 day hiking trip, you will experience
the ancient and sacred "Lost City" of the Tayrona community. Beginning in Cartagena, you will enjoy the walled city center, the colorful colonial houses and the craft shops. Then, you will get to Santa Marta by car and start the adventurous trek to the Lost City! Uncover the mysteries and secrets of the city alongside your guide, and listen to the story's of the El Mamo: the spiritual indigenous leader!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Transfer to your hotel upon arrival.
• Take some time to relax and unpack!
• Lets get out there are start exploring this colonial and vibrant city. Beaches, heritage sites and music all around!
And a cooking class for all appetites...
• Discover the colorful streets and beautiful plazas on a walking tour!
• See the Bolivar Park, the Gold Museum, the Santa Teresa Square and other historical sports.
• Join Gilles and his wife in the afternoon at his restaurant for a cooking class!
• Enjoy a welcome cocktail before the class begins.
• Discover the delicious Caribbean gastronomy, and of course enjoy what you made for dinner!
Enjoy the amazing surroundings!
• Transfer from Cartagena to Santa Marta! The drive itself can be very scenic at times. We recommend keeping an eye on the coast.
• Enjoy some free time and discover this gorgeous bay upon arrival. And stretch those legs after a 5 hour transfer.
• Eat hearty and healthy tonight, tomorrow you start your jungle adventure!
Lets go off the beaten track...
• Transfer at 8.30 am to the Mamey region, where you will have lunch. • Start the trek in the afternoon, and hike 7.6 km to your camp for the evening. • Make a quick stop at a crystalline water river for a refreshing swim!
Hike: Approximately 3-5 hours
• Begin the second day of hiking, and head to Tayroran’s sacred city!
• Visit the Mutanzhi indigenous community where you will be able to interact with the locals.
• Arrive at the third hut, located 830 m above sea level!
• Take a cooling swim in the afternoon in the river.
• Listen to your guide in the evening, and discover the importance and the stories of the Lost City!
Hike: Approximately 8 hours
A trek with an amazing finish...
• Depart at 7 am after breakfast, and climb the 1200 steps to the Lost City!
• Go for a tour through the sacred places of the city.
• There, El Mamo, the spiritual indigenous leader, will share stories with you about the city.
• Return to the third hut for lunch around 11 am.
• Begin the hike to the second camp (Mumake hut, indigenous community), to spend the night.
Steps to Lost City: Approximately 1 hour
Hike to Second Camp: Approximately 5-6 hours
• Hike to Machete Pelao, then return to you hotel in Santa by car.
• Head to El Mamey in the morning, and visit a small waterfall for a dip en-route!
• Enjoy lunch upon arrival, then transfer to the La Aguacatera’s region before returning to the hotel.
... because you found the Lost City!
• Transfer to the airport in time for your flight.
• We wish you a safe trip wherever your next adventure brings you!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.