Explore the beautiful culture and colors of Colombia! On this trip, you will have the opportunity to cook Caribbean Cuisine with Gilles and his wife in his restaurant, hike in the incredible surroundings and see the wax palm tree among other plants, discover the city of Bogotá by bike and see its interesting street art, explore a coffee farm and learn from the local farmer about the production, chat with the locals in the fishing village of La Boquilla before continuing with a canoe trip into the sunset. Prepare to use all your senses in this flavorful country!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Let the journey begin...
• Take a private transfer to your hotel upon arrival at El Dorado airport.
• Depending on your arrival time, take a walking tour in the city!
• An English speaking guide will take you to the most authentic plazas and markets of Bogotá.
Note: The Gold Museum is closed on Mon, The Botero Museum closed on Tue.
Spicy flavors and art!
• Stroll through the market, and taste many new exotic flavors.
• There are most likely fruits and vegetables here that will be completely new to you!
• Join the graffiti bike tour and cover the city by bike.
• See the colorful, artistic, political, and funny pieces of street art alongside your guide!
Smell the freshly ground beans...
• Transfer to El Dorado airport and take a 1 h flight to Salento.
• Visit a typical coffee farm, and listen to farmers and experts about the production.
• Discover the growing process of coffee beans from theplantation, selection and harvest.
• Witness the peeling, washing, drying and roasting!
Fruits beyond your typical garden!
• Enjoy the charming little town of Saleonto, and take a light 3 h hike in the Cocora Valley.
• Pass by coffee, banana, and even pineapple plantations!
• Discover an amazing valley and the wax palms, which is the national tree.
• Explore the Andean tropical forest and hike alongside theriver.
Beautiful views and architecture
• After breakfast, go with your guide on an excursion!
• Start at the El Peñol Rock: climb the steps to get a spectacular view over the lagoon.
• Continue to quaint Guatape, known for its decorative walls and beautiful church.
• Transfer to José María Córdoba airport for a 1 h flight to Cartagena!
• Visit the fishing village La Boquilla in the afternoon, where you will meet the locals.
• Enjoy an evening canoe trip to watch the many birds living in the area, and the gorgeous sunset!
• Canoe through the Mangrove Tunnels, to Fisherman Island and the Bird Park!
Discover the colorful produce and flavors!
• Enjoy some free time just for you in the morning!
• Join Gilles and his wife in the afternoon in his restaurant to discover the Caribbean Cuisine.
• After a welcome drink, the cooking class starts.
• You will learn to cook different dishes, and of course enjoy the result for dinner!
Or perhaps not?
• Enjoy your breakfast before transferring to Cartagena Airport.
• Catch the flight to wherever your next adventure will take you!
• Or if you want, you can extend your trip with us!
• We wish you a safe trip, and hope to see you again soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to January 2020||$1,790|
|February 2020 to June 2020||$1,700|
|July 2020 to August 2020||$1,790|
|September 2020 to November 2020||$1,700|
|December 2020 to December 2020||$1,790|