From the highlands and cultural treasures of Bogotá to adventurous boat rides and safaris along its biodiverse riverbanks, this 14 day journey is one you won't soon forget. Dive into Colombia's wild jungles, explore colorful markets and gain insight into indigenous life. Meet talented chefs and traditional healers to unlock the secrets of food as medicine. Did we mention swimming beneath waterfalls? When you think it can't get any better, your determination may be rewarded by coming face-to-face with the elusive anaconda.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Bogotá...
• Touch down at the high plateau capital city of Colombia
• Transfer to your hotel in the historical city center
• Go for a stroll around beautiful La Candelaria
• Your first evening is free to spend as you wish
Secretly, our favorite fruit... Can you guess the name?
• Explore Paloquemao market, one of the biggest in the country!
• Drool a little at the seemingly endless variety of fruits and veggies
• Enjoy a walking tour visiting the top cultural highlights of Bogota
Into the jungle we go...
• Board a morning flight to Leticia
• Head deeper into the reserve by boat along the river banks
• Arrive at a remote lodge and settle into your surroundings
• Enjoy free time to explore the area and marvel at its rich biodiversity
Discover local life...
• Follow along on a guided trek in the Calanoa Reserve
• Experience the Mocagua communities traditions and relationship with the jungle
• Learn about the nutritious and healing properties of local flora
• Visit the artisan community of Macedonia
• Watch the craftsmen at work as they create redwood "blood sticks"
• Journey into the natural canals of the Amazon river insearch of pink dolphins
Don't forget the binoculars...
• Rise early for a good ol' birdwatching session
• Learn the science of medicinal plants from a traditional healer
• Head back to the lodge and prepare for departure to Leticia
We hope you're a fan of all things rugged...
• Transfer to Bogota airport and continue to Yopal
• Take a 4x4 to Hato La Aurora reserve
• Meet your host and be welcomed with a traditional local lunch
• Experience El Hato la Aurora during a Jeep Safari
• Observe chi-guiros, virginian deer, alligators, bovines, wild horses and a wide variety of birds
• Enjoy the Llanera Harp show, complete with poems and traditional folk songs
Just when you thought it couldn't get better...
• Go into the jungles with a naturalist
• Spend the day searching for the famous Anaconda
• Learn about this incredible creature in its natural habitat
• After breakfast, depart to Yopal
• Board a flight to Santa Marta with a layover in Bogota
• Transfer to your hotel in the centre of Santa Marta
The technique of coffee perfected...
• Head into the hills of Minca and visit an organic coffee production farm
• Take a refreshing dip in the natural swimming pools of Pozo Azul
• Indulge over lunch with traditional specialities, tamal or sancocho
A city to remember...
• Journey to the memorable Cartagena de Indias
• Visit historic neighborhoods and the must-see sights within the city
• Wander down narrow lanes, dine at some of the country's best eateries and check out the thriving nightlife. It's all there
Learn a thing or two about fishing...
• Discover the Afro-Cartagean community at the La Boquilla fishing village
• Learn how to fish from the local people - how to catch crabs and throw nets
• Discover the secrets of coastal cuisine and cook fish and crab with coconut rice
• In the morning, transfer to Cartagena airport for your flight connection
Thank you for visiting we hope you've had a lovely time!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.