Discover the diverse cultural and natural wonders that Colombia has to offer! Experience the colourful political art of the Bogota Street artists, and meet and learn from the locals. View churches, cloisters and an underground cathedral in an abandoned salt mine, along with tropical rainforests, archaeological sites, and ancient monuments spread across red and white deserts. You’ll be amazed with Columbia!
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
You have arrived...
• Touch down at Bogota’s airport and transfer to
your hotel in the historical centre of the city
• La Candelaria is a beautiful city and you have a
free afternoon to discover your surroundings
• Enjoy your first evening in Columbia
A host of impressive sights...
• Bogotá has been a playground for street artists
who create impressive masterpieces
• The walls are colourful, artistic, political and funny
• Explore the Gold Museum or the Botero Museum
or climb Montserrate to enjoy a beautiful view
A day to discover the historic appeal of Zipaquira...
• Transfer to Villa de Leyva, with a stop in
• This town hosts the Salt Cathedral, a mystical
place built inside an underground salt mine
• In the afternoon, your guide will explain to you
the history of main squares and streets of the city
A number of local cultural sites...
• Today you'll have the chance to visit a number of
locations in Villa de Leyva
• Visit the Fossil Museum and the astronomical site
of the Muiscas Indigenous people
• Also view Convento Santo Ecce Homo before
stopping off at a typical potters' village
Colours, sounds and wonders...
• Depart for Bogotá Airport, stopping en-route at
the Bridge of Boyaca
• Head to the legendary Tatacoa Desert, with free
time for lunch at Villavieja
• Have your cameras ready for the visit to 'Los
Hoyos' (white desert) and 'Cuzco' (red desert)
Taking it all in...
• Departure in the morning to San Augustin
• Set off either by foot or by horse to the
majestic Chaquira sites
• Experience breathtaking views of the canyon
and Magdalena River
Larger than life...
• Visit the Archeological Museum, followed by a
walk in the Historical Park
• Prepare for giant statues, sacred tombs and an
array of tropical flowers
• Have the afternoon free to explore the place at
your own leisure
History comes alive with this tour...
• Enjoy a full-day jeep tour of the region's
archaeological sites and spectacular landscapes
• Visit the Estrecho del Magdalena and the little
village of Obando
• Visit the archaeological sites of Alto de Piedras,
Alto del Idolo and Mortino Waterfall
From the spiritual to the intellectual...
• Transfer from San Agustín to Popayan, known as
'The White City'
• Visit Caldas Park, Popayan's famous sundial,
Humilladero Bridge and the municipal theatre
• Popayan boasts exquisite and popular churches,
and a host of museums to educate you
Everybody needs a good coffee...
• After breakfast, we'll head out in the direction of
the coffee region
• Spend the night in this coffee Finca in the heart of
lush, Andean nature
• Enjoy breakfast and dinner at the lovely hacienda
You can't go past amazingly fresh fruit...
• Spend the day getting to know the local area in a
4 x4 car with your guide
• Expect to see villages like Montenegro, Cordoba
or Bellavista on the itinerary
• Take the opportunity to savour some local fruits
fresh off the branch
Vibrant and quaint Salento...
• Hike past the shores of Quindio River and
through a dense forest of huge palm trees
• Afterwards, you'll return to the beautiful town
of Salento, a must-see for all visitors of Colombia
• View the colonial houses, musicians on every
corner, and an incredible array of handicrafts
• Transfer to the airport for your flight to Cartagena
- on the shores of the Caribbean
• Cartagena is surrounded by a wall that once
protected the city from pirates and buccaneers
• Take a walking tour of the city and the colonial
boroughs of San Diego and Santo Domingo
A time to learn...
• Today's visits include the Covent La Popa and the
Castle of San Felipe
• The Castle of San Felipe was the masterpiece of
Spanish military engineering in the colonial era
• Canoe through the mangrove tunnels of
Juan Polo Swamp, to Fisherman Island
• Unfortunately, your trip comes to an end
• Spend the morning at your own leisure - last
chance for souvenir shopping
• After lunch, you'll be collected and transferred to
the airport for your flight back home
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||4 Pax||6 pax|
|Price per person||$2,500||$2,020||$1,680|