Make your next adventure to China a memorable one! Come and discover China's rich cultural heritage of architecture, martial arts and Terracotta Warriors in this 11-day, customisable tour. Take a calligraphy lesson, explore the Forbidden City, and climb the Great Wall of China. You'll visit Beijing, Xi'an and Luoyang in a tour packed with history, nature and cities.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Let’s get down to some sightseeing…
• Arrival in Shanghai, and transfer to city centre
• Visit the Old City, near to the Chenghuangmiao district
• Stroll through the lush Yuyuan Garden
Be soothed by canals, peace gardens and silk...
• Take a boat tour through Tongli, the Venice of the East
• Meander through the relaxing Suzhou Gardens
• Finish the day at a world-famous silk factory.
A day of bustling through Shanghai’s history…
• Ride the ferry to the Bund financial district
• Head to the People’s Square for some museum time
• Transfer to the station for the train to Luoyang
Discover the Chinese underground (literally!)...
• Tour the Longmen Grottos to see beautiful Buddhist art
• Explore the Yungang and Mogao Caves
• Visit the Old City of Luoyang
Creep past silent warriors made of pottery…
• View the 2,200-year-old Terracotta Army
• See inside the Great Mosque, heart of Islam in China
• Head to the bustling Muslim Quarter, packed with shops
Practice the delicate brushstrokes of calligraphy…
• See the elegant Small Wild Goose Pagoda
• Brush up on your Mandarin in a calligraphy class
• Transfer to the station for the overnight train to Beijing
Sample the wonders of China’s capital…
• Visit imperious and intimidating Tiananmen Square
• Take a rickshaw ride through Hutong
• Finish at the promenade at Shichahai (Houhai)
Dig deep into the history of Imperial Beijing…
• Visit the Temple of Heaven, religious centre of Imperial China
• Enter the Forbidden City, closed to commoners for centuries
• Marvel at the art and artefacts of the Palace Museum
Walk the paths of Ancient China for a day…
• Climb the steps of the Great Wall at Mutianyu
• Visit the Ming Tomb Zhaoling, resting place of emperors
• Walk the Sacred Road, lined with marble animals and figures
Soak up the city before you head home…
• Spend a final few hours wandering the city
• Transfer to the airport for your flight home
• We hope you've had an incredible trip!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|For 2||For 4||Single supplement|
|April, May, September, October, November 1-14||$1,240||$1,100||$220|
|March, June, July, August, November 15-30||$1,230||$1,080||$200|
|January, February, December||$1,200||$1,060||$200|