Experience San Pedro de Atacama in a unique way! On this trip, you will build a close relationship with the local guides, who will explain the local culture, customs and traditions of the Licken Antay! Insert yourself into the daily activity of the community and get an understanding of a life system in which elements of the Andean culture are still present. Immerse yourself in the local gastronomy,traditions and the unique way of life!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
If the stars were mine...
• A representative will meet you upon arrival.
• Discover Moon Valley and the caves, ravines, dunes and geology with your local guide.
• Experience astronomy session through the southern hemisphere sky during the night!
• Learn about constellations, galaxies and the ancestral knowledge of the Lickan Antay people
• Using modern telescopes, how many constellations can you see?
Astronomy only possible without full moon.
• Our local guide Pamela will guide you through petroglyphs and the colorful rainbow valley!
• Visit the small village of Rio Grande!
• Enjoy a typical local dish in the village, prepared by Pamela.
The economy of the desert!
• Discover the secrets of Lickan Antay alongside Wildo, your local guide!
• He will tell you his family history and explain economic activities carried out in the desert.
• Learn how to grow corn, minimal farming and other Lickan Antay crafts and skills!
• Enjoy a typical Atacamenian meal for lunch.
• Go on a walk with llamas with Sandra, and experience their relationship with the animals!
Time to say goodbye...
• Join the early morning drive towards the Tatio geothermal field.
• See the unique geology, and the wildlife of the Putana and Machuca wetlands!
• Drive towards Coyo and enjoy a traditional Atacamenian lunch on the way.
• Return to the airport in Calama, full of good memories and with a happy heart.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per Person in Double Room||$1,430|