Spend 8 days in gorgeous Bolivia with you loved ones, and gain some quality family time while exploring this magical destination! Together, you will discover the incredible local nature, wildlife and culture! The adventure starts in La Paz, where you will have the chance to do an exciting treasure hunt in the city. In the coming days, you will hike on the Tunupa Volcano, visit the Aymara village Tuni, go on boat rides to both the Moon and the Sun Island, participate in making local specialties and so much more. Let's create some new memories together!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Let the adventure begin!
• A private driver will pick you up at the airport and take you to your hotel.
• The adventure begins with a treasure hunt city tour: follow your guide to unravel the mystery...
• Kids will receive a logbook, in which they'll have to answer riddles, rise to challenges!
• Find the answers in the city sites: Plaza San Francisco, Sagarnaga Street, Witches Market, Plaza Murillo...
Form the moon to the sun on one day!
• Depart 9.am on a private, 3.5h drive: follow Lake Titicaca and Cordillera real to Copacabana!
• Hop on the boat to the Moon Island, and visit the temple of the "Ñustas", the temple of virgins.
• Later, head to the Sun Island on the south side, and arrive at the formar Inca palace Pilkokaina.
• Explore the surrounding on a 1.15 h walk to the village Yumani, where you will spend the night!
• In the morning. descend the 500 steps of the Fuente del Inca to the pier!
• Take a boat to the Pilkokaina temple, built by Inca Tupac Yupanqui for the pilgrimages on the island.
• Return to the boat, and head towards the gorgeous peninsula of Yampupata (20 min ride).
•Trek (about 4-5h) along the peninsula to the Virgin of Lourdes, passing the remote village of Zampaya.
• Return to Copacabana after the hike for the evening.
A day of cultural immersion for the whole family
• Depart at 10 am to the village of Tuni (3.5h drive)!
• Upon arrival, discover the Aymara village life, the importance of llamas, education and beliefs!
• Enjoy a typical Andean lunch, then follow your guide on a long trek to discover medicinal fauna.
• For dinner, prepare and eat Andean specialties, experience a traditional Andean evening!
• Discover the music, dances and interesting stories of the locals!
Note: Night in cabins built respecting the Aymara inhabitants, and include toilets, showers, chimney fed with flame excrement, hygiene, etc.
Something for everyone: every age, every size!
• In the morning you will have a choice of activities according to your wishes and season!:
- Trout fishing trip in the lagoons at the foot of Condoriri with the local guide. In some seasons, local indulge much fishing.
- Harvesting the fields.
- Visit the village school.
- Preparation of traditional chuño (June-July).
- Short hike.
• For lunch, return to the village and participate in making the traditional cuisine!
• Depart in the late afternoon to La Paz.
the world's largest salt desert!
• Fly to Uyni, where you will be picked up: Hop in the jeep and head to Salar de Uyuni (el. 11976 ft.)
• Stop in the village Colchani to visit discover the utilization of the salt, and the salt hotel!
• Continue 73 km to the Island Incahuasi, which has an incredible view over the desert and volcanoes.
• Drive 1.5h to the white desert after lunch, and spend the night in the small village of Tahua.
• Stop en-route in Coquesa, famous for its “chullpas”: mummies of the Chipaya culture.
(Availability of double room with matrimonial bed not guaranteed).
Time to get adventurous...
• Climb the volcano Tunupa, a colorful mountain located not far from the Salar.
• Begin above the village, at an elevation of 12631 ft, then trek 4 hours to the mirador (el. 15420 ft.).
• Enjoy the exceptional panorama: it’s the world’s largest salt flat you are looking at!
• Trek back to Tahua in the afternoon for a 2.5 h drive to Uyuni: head to the airport and fly to La Paz.
Note: Partial ascent - no technical difficulties but good physical condition required.
Where will your next adventure take you?
• A private driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the airport.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and that you leave with lifelong memories!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax|
|Price per person in double room||$1,960||$1,360|