Head off the traveledtracks on a gorgeous 10 day journey in Bolivia! Start in La Paz with a city tour, then continue to the villages of Huatajata, Tuni, and Culpina K to only name a few. On this trip, you will be able to cook local, Andean cuisine, discover the art of making the traditional straw-boat Totora on a workshop, hike up the incredible volcano Tunupa, and drive along the Chilean boarder on the breathtaking "Route of Jewels"! Discover the hidden gems of this unique nation...See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• A private driver will pick you up on arrival, and bring you to your hotel in La Paz.
• Enjoy a guided city tour of the historical center of the city in the afternoon!
• Take a look at all the handcraft being made and sold along your way!
• Visit different markets, and stroll through the locals doing their shopping!
• Arrive in Plaza Murillo, the political heart of the city since 1899.
Row, row, but first build, your boat!
• Start the day with a transfer from from La Paz to Huatajata (approx. 1/2 travel).
• From Huatajata, head to the small island of Pariti and discover the Tiwanakota culture.
• Enjoy a short hike (1-1.30h) to the top of the island for a gorgeous view!
• Boat to the island Suriki, known for boat building: join a workshop, and have lunch with the artisans.
• See the making of the traditional straw-boat Totora, before returning to Huatajajata!
Night at the Inca Utama hotel****
• Departure by private transport at 10:00 for the village of Tuni (3h30 drive)!
• Upon arrival, discover the local village life, activities, the importance of the llama...
• ... and the education of children, beliefs and rituals and social organization of an Aymara village!
• Enjoy an typical Andean lunch alongside the locals!
Night Ecolodge Tuni *.
Tell me what you want, what you really really want!
• In the morning, you will have a choice of activities according to your wishes and season:
- Trout fishing trip in the lagoons with the local guide.
- Harvesting the fields.
- Visit the village school.
- Preparation of the typical chuño, a dehydrated potato! (June-July).
- Short hike.
• Return to the village, and participate in making a traditional dish for lunch!
• In the late afternoon, depart for La Paz, and check-in to your hotel.
• Fly from La Paz to Uyuni, where a driver will pick you up at the airport!
• Start the journey across the Sur Lipez by a visit to the train cemetery in the outskirt of Uyni!
• Continue south through villages, and make a stop in Culpina K: Here, locals has re-organized so the whole community is sustained...
• ... by the cultivation of quinoa and community based tourism, instead of mining!
• Lunch in San Cristobal before arrival in Villamar (13196 ft.) for the evening!
Total Driving distance: 118 miles
Anywhere the wind blows, doesn't really matter...
• Start the day with a visit to Laguna Colorada: see the pink water, and perhaps some flamingos!
• Continue to the geysers Sol de Mañana and the Polques thermal springs (el. 13780ft.)!
• Drive in the Dali Desert to Laguna Blanca and Verde: see the water turn green as the wind blows!
• En route, discover the famous “Stone Tree”!
• Arrive in the Siloli Desert (el. 15420 ft.), where you will spend the night!
(Availability of double room with matrimonial bed not guaranteed)
Natures precious... lagoons?
• Head to the Chilean boarder on the scenic "Route of Jewels", named from its many lagoons!
• The lagoons are home to 3 different species of flamingos, can you spot the difference?
• Stop at the volcano Ollagüe: still active, it shelters one of the world’s highest open pit copper mines!
• After about 99 miles, arrive in the village of an Juan (el. 11811 ft.), for the night.
• It is famous for its surprising mummies of the “Lipez Lords” and its small museum!
Salt, as far as the eye can see...
• Enjoy a unique view today: drive on Salar de Uyuni, the world's largest salt flat!
• Ride 30 min on the salt desert (34 km) to reach the Island of Incahuasi!
• This island, lost in the middle of the Salar, offers an incredible viewof the salt flat and volcanoes.
• Drive about 28.6 miles to the volcano Tunupa and the village Tahua, the stop for the night.
• Stop en-route in the village of Coquesa, known for its mummies of the Chipaya culture!
(Availability of double room with matrimonial bed not guaranteed).
A'int no mountain, or volcano, high enough!
• Start the day early to climb up the colorful volcano Tunupa!
• Trek for 3-4h to the mirador (el. 15420 ft.) for an exceptional panorama!
• Back to Tahua for a drive back to Uyuni: stop en-route to visit a salt hotel and see the usage of the salt!
• Head to the airport, and fly from Uyuni back to La Paz, where a driver will greet you.
Note: Partial ascent - no technical difficulties - good physical condition required.
Afternoon drive to Uyuni: 2.5h
Trekking time: 4h - Elev. gain: +2789ft/-2789ft.
We hope to see you soon again!
• Today, a private driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the airport.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay with us, and wish you a great next adventure!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax|
|Price per person in double room||$2,690||$1,960|