Head off the traveledtracks on a gorgeous 10 day journey in Bolivia! Start in La Paz with a city tour, then continue to the villages of Huatajata, Tuni, and Culpina K to only name a few. On this trip, you will be able to cook local, Andean cuisine, discover the art of making the traditional straw-boat Totora on a workshop, hike up the incredible volcano Tunupa, and drive along the Chilean boarder on the breathtaking "Route of Jewels"! Discover the hidden gems of this unique nation...See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• A private driver will pick you up on arrival, and bring you to your hotel in La Paz.
• Enjoy a guided city tour of the historical center of the city in the afternoon!
• Take a look at all the handcraft being made and sold along your way!
• Visit different markets, and stroll through the locals doing their shopping!
• Arrive in Plaza Murillo, the political heart of the city since 1899.
Row, row, but first build, your boat!
• Start the day with a transfer from from La Paz to Huatajata (approx. 1/2 travel).
• From Huatajata, head to the small island of Pariti and discover the Tiwanakota culture.
• Enjoy a short hike (1-1.30h) to the top of the island for a gorgeous view!
• Boat to the island Suriki, known for boat building: join a workshop, and have lunch with the artisans.
• See the making of the traditional straw-boat Totora, before returning to Huatajajata!
Night at the Inca Utama hotel****
• Departure by private transport at 10:00 for the village of Tuni (3h30 drive)!
• Upon arrival, discover the local village life, activities, the importance of the llama...
• ... and the education of children, beliefs and rituals and social organization of an Aymara village!
• Enjoy an typical Andean lunch alongside the locals!
Night Ecolodge Tuni *.
Tell me what you want, what you really really want!
• In the morning, you will have a choice of activities according to your wishes and season:
- Trout fishing trip in the lagoons with the local guide.
- Harvesting the fields.
- Visit the village school.
- Preparation of the typical chuño, a dehydrated potato! (June-July).
- Short hike.
• Return to the village, and participate in making a traditional dish for lunch!
• In the late afternoon, depart for La Paz, and check-in to your hotel.
• Fly from La Paz to Uyuni, where a driver will pick you up at the airport!
• Start the journey across the Sur Lipez by a visit to the train cemetery in the outskirt of Uyni!
• Continue south through villages, and make a stop in Culpina K: Here, locals has re-organized so the whole community is sustained...
• ... by the cultivation of quinoa and community based tourism, instead of mining!
• Lunch in San Cristobal before arrival in Villamar (13196 ft.) for the evening!
Total Driving distance: 118 miles
Anywhere the wind blows, doesn't really matter...
• Start the day with a visit to Laguna Colorada: see the pink water, and perhaps some flamingos!
• Continue to the geysers Sol de Mañana and the Polques thermal springs (el. 13780ft.)!
• Drive in the Dali Desert to Laguna Blanca and Verde: see the water turn green as the wind blows!
• En route, discover the famous “Stone Tree”!
• Arrive in the Siloli Desert (el. 15420 ft.), where you will spend the night!
(Availability of double room with matrimonial bed not guaranteed)
Natures precious... lagoons?
• Head to the Chilean boarder on the scenic "Route of Jewels", named from its many lagoons!
• The lagoons are home to 3 different species of flamingos, can you spot the difference?
• Stop at the volcano Ollagüe: still active, it shelters one of the world’s highest open pit copper mines!
• After about 99 miles, arrive in the village of an Juan (el. 11811 ft.), for the night.
• It is famous for its surprising mummies of the “Lipez Lords” and its small museum!
Salt, as far as the eye can see...
• Enjoy a unique view today: drive on Salar de Uyuni, the world's largest salt flat!
• Ride 30 min on the salt desert (34 km) to reach the Island of Incahuasi!
• This island, lost in the middle of the Salar, offers an incredible viewof the salt flat and volcanoes.
• Drive about 28.6 miles to the volcano Tunupa and the village Tahua, the stop for the night.
• Stop en-route in the village of Coquesa, known for its mummies of the Chipaya culture!
(Availability of double room with matrimonial bed not guaranteed).
A'int no mountain, or volcano, high enough!
• Start the day early to climb up the colorful volcano Tunupa!
• Trek for 3-4h to the mirador (el. 15420 ft.) for an exceptional panorama!
• Back to Tahua for a drive back to Uyuni: stop en-route to visit a salt hotel and see the usage of the salt!
• Head to the airport, and fly from Uyuni back to La Paz, where a driver will greet you.
Note: Partial ascent - no technical difficulties - good physical condition required.
Afternoon drive to Uyuni: 2.5h
Trekking time: 4h - Elev. gain: +2789ft/-2789ft.
We hope to see you soon again!
• Today, a private driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the airport.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay with us, and wish you a great next adventure!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax|
|Price per person in double room||$2,690||$1,960|