Board the 8-day Baltic Rail Journey and visit the UNESCO World Heritage highlights in Vilnius, Riga, and Tallinn. Together with a small group you will enjoy train rides through the scenic countryside, including the amazing Curonian Spit National Park. Use the free time to explore the cities at your own pace, visit museums and off-the-beaten-track sights favored by locals, and enjoy the historic cities during our sightseeing tours with local guides.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to the Capital of Lithuania!
• A private transfer brings you to the hotel. Take some time to enjoy in this baroque capital!
• In the evening there is a welcome reception including a three-course dinner in a local restaurant.
• Listen to the journey introduction, Q&A and have a welcome drink!
• Join the orientation walk in Vilnius, a baroque city with 48 churches.
And why not a hike in Trakai?
• Start your morning with a guided walking tour of the UNESCO-listed Old Town of Vilnius.
• See iconic sights like the "Gates of Dawn" and the Town Hall, and taste local produce!
• Optional tour to Trakai by train where you can do a light hike, and if weather permits, a hot air balloon ride!
• Free time on the lakeside before an early evening return to Vilnius
• Board the intercity train for a cross-country rail journey to the seaport Klaipeda.
• A short ferry ride brings you on the Curonian Spit, a World Heritage Site
• Enjoy a lunch of specialties like locally caught fish, in the fishing village Juodkrante
• Discover the peninsula and all it has to offer, before returning to the mainland for a guided walk of Klaipeda.
• Tonight’s hosted dinner is aboard the famous schooner Meridianas, a historic tall ship.
Discover the Curonian Coast, beginning in Palanga.
• Continue in our private van to Latvia and its beautiful coastal town of Liepaja.
• Enjoy the Panoramic Liepaja sightseeing tour and old town walk, and local gastronomy in a restaurant for lunch!
• Time for exploring: Why not see one of the largest mechanical organs located in the Holy Trinity Church?
• Take the train to Riga in the evening, and check-in to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
• Visit Riga on a guided walking tour through the UNESCO-protected Old Town.
• See the Magnificent Dome Cathedral, the Castle and many more hidden gems.
• Free time to explore in the afternoon: why not go Off the Beaten Track and join the "Local Life" optional tour?
• On the tour, take the local streetcar to Riga Central Market, Europe’s premier grocery market
• Take the evening to experience the local gastronomy and entertainment of buzzing Riga!
Explore the scenic Gauja National Park., locally nicknamed as "Switzerland of Latvia"
• Visit the idyllic town of Sigulda with its impressive castle ruins, bobsleigh track and breathtaking view.
• Take the aerial tramway to cross the valley for a light forest hike.
• Hop on the train to to the Estonian boarder, and enjoy a locally sourced lunchbox on board.
• On arrival, join Singing Revolution tour visiting the famous Festival Grounds where the Singing Revolution started, and many other sights.
• Transfer to your hotel for the evening and dinner.
• See impressive sights like the Toompea Forttress and the dome church on a guided walking tour.
• Enjoy a coffee break in the city’s oldest cafe, tasting their handcrafted marzipan.
• Visit the oldest pharmacy in Europe and and St. Catherine’s Passage, showcasing local crafts and textiles.
• Free-time in the afternoon to discover, maybe join us for the ‘hidden gems’ tour?
• Try the local gastronomy, restaurants, and what Tallinn has to offer in the evening.
• We bid farewell to our fellow travelers joining us on the Baltic Capitals Rail Journey
• Private transfer to Tallinn airport, seaport or railway station.
• Possible extension trip to Scandinavia: iconic train journeys and discovery in Helsinki, Stockholm, and Copenhagen!
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||Single Supplement|
|Price per person in double room during 2019||$1,380||$320|
|Price per person in double room during 2020||$1,430||$350|
|Price per person in double room during 2019||$320||$70|